With the new OWC Envoy Pro SX, OWC brings a portable SSD with Thunderbolt USB 4 port, which is particularly recommended for users who need a high-performance external memory to back up their data or (inaccessible) as an external drive for work. The OWC Envoy Pro SX is super-fast, versatile, portable, and robust enough to withstand the most demanding work and play settings.
This Thunderbolt SSD overcomes all data storage and backup challenges like a true superhero when put to the test. The OWC Envoy Pro SX is versatile enough to be used as a bus-powered drive for everyday storage and backup tasks.
It can easily handle the speed demands of audio, design, and photography workflows at the production level. And it offers real-world performance speeds of up to 2847 MB /s with modern Macs and PCs equipped with Thunderbolt and USB4. This tiny but powerful portable drive, weighing in at half a pound, is a third smaller than the award-winning OWC Envoy Pro EX. It has a detachable Thunderbolt cable and is certified for use in harsh environments. Whether you have to overcome obstacles in the field or meet appointments at home – with the OWC Envoy Pro SX you can unleash your productivity without the need for a cape or mask.
The corrugated ribs of the matt black aluminum housing of the OWC Envoy Pro SX transform it into a highly effective heat sink. Even after a devilishly long file transfer, the stealthy and quiet OWC Envoy Pro SX remains reliably fast. The OWC Envoy Pro SX is fully compatible with the built-in encryption of macOS and Windows, so you can protect your data with a secure password at all times. Whatever you plan to do with your data, the OWC Envoy Pro SX is ready to deliver a devastating blow to time-consuming work and leisure challenges in an instant.
Price and availability
OWC Envoy Pro SX portable SSD with Thunderbolt USB 4 port will be available in 240 GB, 480 GB, 1 TB, and 2TB variants are already up for pre-orders via the Bhphotovideo.com store for $189, $219, $329, and $499, respectively.
OWC Envoy Pro SX Features
- The advanced OWC Aura Pro SSD storage technology with TRIM support works with Thunderbolt to deliver the fastest, most reliable performance available in a portable drive
- Perfect for audio, video, photography, graphics, games, and general data storage/backup applications
- Bus-operated and smaller than most compact smartphones
- Extremely robust: IP67-certified, dust-proof, drop-proof, and waterproof
- Fanless, heat-dissipating aluminum housing for distraction-free operation
- Non-slip rubber feet keep the OWC Envoy Pro SX in place
- LED for confirmation of the power and activity status at a glance
- Included Thunderbolt cable for connection to Thunderbolt and USB4 Macs and PCs
- 5-year limited OWC warranty
Recently, Apricorn, a leading manufacturer of 256-bit XTS-AES Hardware Encrypted USB Flash Drives, has also made available the Aegis Fortress L3 Portable SSD with up to 20TB capacity. 20TB SSD has a secure design and meets the requirements of the US Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS 140-2 Level 3, its pricing starts from $302.