With the Omen 27c, HP has introduced a new gaming monitor in curved format with a 240 Hz refresh rate and response time of 1 ms. Further features of this new HP Omen monitor are AMD FreeSync Premium Pro and a DisplayHDR 400 certification.
HP is adding another model to its Omen monitor range. The Omen 27c, HP 27 inch monitor for gaming monitor with a curved design. The panel in 16: 9 format has a curvature of 1000R and is based on VA technology.
The resolution of the new HP gaming monitor is QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels). The refresh rate is specified with up to 240 Hz via DisplayPort and 144 Hz via HDMI connection. HP specifies the response time as 1 ms each for GtG and MPRT. AMD FreeSync Premium Pro is on board, but Nvidia G-SYNC is not. There are also various gaming features such as dynamic, color-matched crosshairs, and the Omen Gaming Hub.
The display, which works with an 8-bit resolution per color channel, covers 99 percent of the sRGB color space, while DCI-P3 covers 92 percent. With HDR switched on, the maximum brightness is 450 nits, the typical contrast ratio is 3000: 1. In addition, the HP Omen 27c has a VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification and is easy on the eyes thanks to HP Eye Ease.
The HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 connections, which are each available once, have already been mentioned. There is also one USB Type-C, two USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The supplied stand is height adjustable by 130 mm and can also be tilted.
Price and availability
The new HP Omen 27c gaming monitor is available on the Amazon.com website at a recommended retail price of $529.99.
HP Omen 27c specifications
- Display: 27-inch Anti-glare VA panel
- Curvature: 1000R
- Resolution: QHD (2560 x 1440)
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Pixel pitch: 0.2331 mm x 0.2331 mm
- Refresh rate: 240hz
- Response time: 1ms MPRT (OSD: Level 5 MPRT + response time), 1ms GtG average w/overdrive (OSD: Level 5 response time)
- Color gamut: 92% DCI-P3
- Viewing angle: Horizontal: 178°, Vertical: 178°
- Features: On-screen controls; Height adjustable; VESA DisplayHDR 400 certified; AMD Freesync Premium Pro; HP Eye Ease, OMEN Gaming Hub, Shadow vision, Console compatible
- VESA Mounting: 100 mm x 100 mm
- Ports: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DisplayPort 1.4, HDCP support (HDMI and DisplayPort), 1x USB Type-C hub enablement (Data only), 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps, 1x 3.5 mm Audio Jack (Audio Out)
- Dimensions: 23.9 x 6.7 x 14.33 inch (without stand)
- Weight: 15.45 lb
Recently, HP has also available the M24fd, a low-cost HP 24 inch monitor with USB Type-C certified for Chrome OS notebooks. The HP screen is designed for students, connected to a laptop via a USB Type-C connector that can transmit power up to 65 watts to the computer, and is priced at $249.99.