NiSi Optics announced its NiSi 15mm f4 Sunstar ASPH wide angle lens for L-mount, Canon RF, Nikon Z, Fujifilm X, and Sony E last year in black and later in silver, but the Silver version has only just arrived on sale.
With its robust aluminum alloy, the Silver color housing makes a compact impression, and the setting rings for aperture and focus are ergonomically optimally arranged. The manual focus is smooth and precise, and the aperture is continuously adjustable, which is particularly appreciated when recording videos. The aperture consists of 10 straight blades, which results in sun stars with ten rays as an attractive image effect in extreme backlit shots at all aperture values.
The optical design of this all-handheld metal construction lens consists of 12 elements in 10 groups, including one double-sided aspherical element and two extra-low dispersion elements. A 9-blade aperture that can range from f/4 to f/22 transforms point lights in the frame into characteristic stars, which is reflected in the name of the product.
The NiSi 15mm f4 Sunstar has a minimum focal distance is 0.2m which creates a stunning visual impact for close-up foreground subjects and looks great including a light source creating a Sunstar.
NiSi 15mm F4 Sunstar ASPH Specifications
- Focal Length: 15mm (Full Frame) / 22mm (APS-C)
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Mount: L-mount, Canon RF, Nikon Z, Fujifilm X, Sony E
- Format Compatibility: Full Frame I APS-C (X Mount)
- Angle of View 112° I 78° (X Mount)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.2m / 7.87″
- Maximum Magnification: 0.13X
- Optical Design: 12 Elements in 10 Groups / 1x Double side aspherical element / 2x Extra-low dispersion elements
- Diaphragm Blades: 10
- Focus Type: Manual Focus
- Filter Thread Size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 75.6mm x 80.5mm
- Weight: 470g / 11.036 lbs