Panasonic is seriously pumping its LUMIX DC-S1H mirrorless camera with the latest firmware version 2.0, but so far without RAW-HDMI. The Panasonic Lumix S1H has received the following changes and improvements:
- Enhanced video functions / improved performance
- Downconverted output over HDMI during [6K]/[5.9K]/[5.4K] video recording is available.
- In Creative Video mode, it is possible to disable the operation of starting/stopping video recording by pressing a shutter button.
- In Creative Video mode, it is possible to set [Rec Quality(My List)] from the control panel.
- The value of noise reduction in [V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to [-1]. It suppress afterimages previously occurred in some situations.
- It is possible to prevent the enlarged view window of MF Assist to be output over HDMI.
- There were cases where color banding appeared in 4:2:0/10-bit video recording in some situations. This bug has been minimized.
- There were cases where the REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was not recorded on an SD Memory Card but was recorded on an external device over HDMI. This bug has been fixed.
2. Changed of operating specifications
- To prevent improper operation, touch-control is disabled for [Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only cursor buttons can be used for [Delete All] operation.
3. Improved AF performance
- It is possible to set [AF+MF] in AFC mode.
4. Improved compatibility with Panasonic interchangeable lenses
- It is possible to assign functions to the lens’ Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
5. Improved compatibility with Sigma interchangeable lenses and mount converter
- It is possible to assign function to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
- When attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and [Image Stabilizer] > [Lens] is set to ON , Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) suppresses roll movement.
6. Other added functions
- [Backlight Illumination Period] has been added to the menu of Status LCD. [ON1] prevents the LCD backlight to be turned off.
- It is possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing.
- [0.5 SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
- [Off (Disable Press and Hold)] can be assigned to the Fn button. It disables operation when the button is long-pressed.
- Fn button can be used for checking aperture effect while the button is pressed.
7. Other improvements
- There were rare cases where the camera froze during [Segmented File Recording] or during recording at 400 Mbps under a particular set of conditions including the type of SD Card used. This phenomenon has been improved.
- Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled using front/rear dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
- There were cases where F value control failed depending on the maximum F value when non-Panasonic L-Mount lens is mounted. This bug has been fixed.
You can download firmware version 2.0 for your Panasonic Lumix S1H from HERE.
The Panasonic S1H was announced back in August 2019, and it was the world’s first full-frame digital camera system with interchangeable lenses, allowing you to record 10-bit 4K / C4K HEVC video at 60k / s. It has been priced at $3,997.99 and can be purchased through the Bhphotovideo and Amazon stores.