With MASCHINE+, Native Instruments introduces the first embedded product that brings the company’s instruments, effects, and sounds into a workflow that is completely hardware-based.
Native Instruments MASCHINE+ is a complete standalone production and performance instrument system that packs the iconic MASCHINE workflow into a powerful and flexible groovebox that can be used without a computer. MASCHINE+ is designed to give the fast, intuitive and flexible workflow of the MASCHINE product family even more freedom: Start the Groovebox and get started right away, and later use arranging and mixing tools to convert the ideas into songs ready for the stage – with or without a computer.
The possibilities of integrating MASCHINE+ into a particular studio setup and connecting it to external hardware should also be limitless. For the stage, MASCHINE+ offers detailed, hands-on control over each performance element – with intuitive macro knobs and deep controls for sound processing.
In addition to the classic Groovebox workflow, MASCHINE+ offers a collection of instruments, effects, and thousands of sounds: The MASCHINE+ Selection. This includes synths like MASSIVE, MONARK, PRISM, and FM8, plus the MASCHINE Factory Library, RAUM, PHASIS, and five expansions. A voucher supplied can be used to purchase two additional expansions. All instruments and effects in MASCHINE+ Selection have been optimized for a fluid and seamless standalone workflow. The sound palette can be expanded with a variety of native expansions, and also with your own samples via SD card and USB memory.
Native Instruments MASCHINE+ Features:
- Immersive standalone workflow for creating beats and melodies, sampling, arranging music, and performing on stage or in the studio
- Includes MASCHINE+ Selection with industry-leading instruments, sounds, and effects, plus renowned MASCHINE drum and bass synth plugins and effects
- Quad-core CPU and 4 GB RAM for fast, seamless creation when it counts
- Pro-grade, 44.1 kHz / 24-bit audio interface* with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch, 2 x USB ports for MIDI controllers / external HDDs
- Robust, anodized aluminum design for years on the road and in the studio
- Iconic MASCHINE features and workflow including 16 velocity-sensitive pads, MASCHINE effects and plugins, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage sampler emulation
- Use standalone or with a computer – integrate with your studio workflow, and unplug for DAW-less setups or live performances
- WiFi and Link-enabled for wirelessly installing and updating products, collaborating with others, and syncing with other gear
- USB 2.0 Port, 9 GB free disk space for MASCHINE software and MASCHINE Library, 24 GB free disk space for MASCHINE+ Selection.
- Supported Interfaces: Stand-alone, VST2 (64-bit), Audio Units (64-bit), AAX 64, ASIO, CoreAudio, and WASAPI. Please note: Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions.
- MASCHINE requires activation: Activate using the serial number on the bottom of the unit. In case of graphics issues, please install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.
- MASCHINE software, MASCHINE Factory Library, instruments, effects, and sound content are provided as downloads after hardware registration – an internet connection and a graphics card which supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required for initial download and activation of MASCHINE software.
Price and availability
Native Instruments MASCHINE+ Standalone Production and Performance Instrument is now available to pre-order via the Bhphotovideo.com store for $1,399.
Back in May, Akai Professional has introduced the MPC Live II Standalone Music Production desk with an integrated sampler, sequencer, 7-inch touchscreen display, 16 velocity-sensitive RGB-backlit pads, and 4 endless encoders “Q-Link” controls.