Synology announced the release of its FlashStation FS2500 SSD-only servers NAS enclosure.
The manufacturer positions the FlashStation FS2500 as a versatile storage platform for small and medium businesses. These servers can serve business applications requiring high speed and low latency, including virtual machine startup and post-production. The compact 1U chassis has 12 2.5” SATA drive bays.
The server provides 170,000 random access read IOPS and 82,000 write IOPS. There are two 10GbE ports for network connection. Expandable by adding 10GbE and 25GbE ports. The server runs under the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system.
Smart storage features such as automatic drive repair, storage deduplication, and snapshots coupled with remote backup capabilities ensure data and service availability.
- High Performance: Handles intensive I/O efficiently with over
- 170,000/82,000 4K random read/write IOPS
- Flexible Virtualization Storage: Certified support for VMware® vSphere™, Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer™, and OpenStack with
- Kubernetes CSI driver
- Convenient Networking Options: Built-in dual 10GbE and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports offer easy integration with existing environments
- Data and Services Protection: Back up critical data and cut your recovery time objective with built-in data protection and high availability tools
- Long-Term Support: Backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty
Synology FlashStation FS2500 price and availability
Along with this NAS enclosure, Synology has also introduced the SAT5210 series solid state drives in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm chassis thickness. This PC SSD is designed for 24/7 operation and the SATA 3.0 interface for communication.
The SSD for PC includes four modifications – with a capacity of 480 and 960 GB, as well as 1.92 and 3.84 TB. The sequential read speed of all versions reaches 530 MB/s, the sequential write speed is 500 MB/s. Its pricing starts from $179.99.