With the Moto E32, Motorola has introduced a new entry-level smartphone that is supposed to convince customers with a 5,000 mAh battery, a 90 Hz display, and practical features such as an AUX connection at a reasonable price.
With the Moto E32, Motorola has introduced a new entry-level smartphone that offers a few interesting features at a reasonable price. However, Motorola makes a lot of compromises to reach the targeted price, starting with the display. Because the 6.5-inch IPS panel offers an image frequency of 90 Hz, but a resolution of only 1,600 x 720 pixels with a pixel density of 268 PPI.
There is good news for the battery because it not only has a decent 5,000 mAh but it is also charged via USB-C instead of via micro-USB like some competitors in this price range. Motorola includes a 10-watt power supply, charging up to 18 watts is theoretically possible. The Unisoc Tiger T606 ARM-SoC is supposed to ensure acceptable performance.
To do this, the chip uses two ARM Cortex-A75 cores and six Cortex-A55 cores. There is also 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash memory, which can be expanded by up to 1 TB using a microSD memory card. The fingerprint sensor sits on the side of the smartphone, and the 16-megapixel rear camera is found in a camera module on the back, along with two 2 MP sensors. The smartphone is still delivered with Android 11, although Android 12 has been available for over half a year.
Price and availability
The Motorola Moto E32 factory unlocked international version can now be purchased from the Amazon.com website in Slate Gray at $259.
Updated on June 17th, 2022: The device is now available to buy on the Amazon.co.uk store at £153.
Motorola Moto E32 specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: 1.6GHz Octa Core Unisoc T606 (6x Cortex-A55 and 2x Cortex-A75 cores) 12nm processor
- GPU: Mali G57 MP1 GPU
- RAM/Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- OS: Android 11
- Rear camera: 16MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Features: 3.5mm audio jack, Single Bottom-ported Speaker, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Splash resistant (IP52 ratings)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000 mAh battery with support for 18W charging
- Dimensions: 163.95 x 74.94 x 8.49 mm
- Weight: 184g
Recently, Motorola also introduced two new mid-range smartphones called Moto G Stylus 5G 2022 with a 6.8-inch, 120 Hz display that can be operated with the included stylus, and Moto G 5G 2022 with a 6.5-inch 90 Hz display, 20:9 aspect ratio, and HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) resolution.