Updated on November 15, 2018:
Xiaomi released the Global Stable for three other devices; the most recent Redmi Note 6 Pro and the two Redmi 4 and 4X. As for Note 6 Pro, the ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and can be installed through the MIUI Updater without the need to unlock the bootloader and without losing any data, while those who have already proceeded to install the TWRP custom recovery can exploit it to perform the flash.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro owners who wish to upgrade to MIUI 10 Global Stable can do so by downloading the file from this link.
The same is also true for Redmi 4 and Redmi 4X (review), although in this case, we will not find Android 8.1 Oreo under the hood, still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The move to the MIUI 10 does not bring with it the long-awaited change of Android version but includes new features.
The same installation rules apply to Redmi 4 and 4X too, and you can find the necessary file from this link.
MIUI 10 Global Stable Changelog
- Designed for full screen experience
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage. (New design looks fresh and clean on older devices too!)
- Natural sound system.
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI.
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to.
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important.
- AI pre-loading.
- With higher swipe response, MIUI feels smoother than ever in all the familiar places.
- Other improvements and optimizations.
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel.
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too!