Meike has been producing an 8mm f3.5 180° ultra-wide manual Fish eye lens for Sony E, Micro Four Thirds, Fujifilm X, Nikon 1, Canon EF-M mounts since 2016. And now it was the turn for new mounts – the lens was released for Nikon Z. This APS-C lens when shooting on a full-frame camera, you need to take into vignetting account.
The Meike 8mm f3.5 Fisheye lens has 11 elements in 8 groups. The adjustment range of its 9-blade diaphragm is from f/3.5 to f/22, the minimum focusing distance is 10 cm. The new Nikon Z camera lens is 77 mm in diameter, 84 mm in length, and weighs 540 g. The lens also has a removable hood.
The 8mm f3.5 with a hybrid, element, and multi-layer lens coating will unlock powerful new viewing angles as well as sharply defined images. The lens is also compatible with Full Frame cameras but please keep in mind it will produce a circular, vignette image.
Price and availability
The company is offering the Meike 8mm f3.5 Fisheye lens for Nikon Z Mount Cameras including Z50, Z5, Z6, Z7 under APS-C mode, costs $164.99, and it is now available to buy on the Amazon.com website. The delivery comes with a lens pouch and a removable lens hood allows 180 degrees view.
Meike 8mm f3.5 Specifications
- Lens Structure:11 elements in 8 groups
- Aperture Range :F/3.5- F/22
- Multi-layered lens coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Focal range ：8mm
- Number of aperture blades:9 blades
- Lens features multi-layer coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Manual focus and aperture control
- Angle: Diagonal 200; Horizontal 200; Vertical 160
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10 cm
- Lens Diameter:77mm
- Length: 84 mm
- Weight: 540 g