Marantz Audio has announced the NR1711 home theater receiver. The new Marantz amplifier model joins the other recently introduced 2020 range home theater receivers. The aspect that characterizes the latest addition is the reduced bulk in height. The measurements are 440 (W) x 366 (W) x 105 (H) millimeters. Of course, all popular formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio are supported.
The package also includes Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology and DTS Virtual:X, two technologies that create virtual channels to expand the sound vertically without the need to add additional speakers. The NR1711 audio receiver can be integrated into HEOS multi-room systems.
The multimedia capabilities are basically the same as we find on all Marantz 2020 home theater receivers: the receiver plays songs in MP3, WMA, AAC or in high resolution in WAV, FLAC, ALAC formats with sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz / 24-bit in addition to DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz.
Connecting to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi also accesses the services of Spotify, Amazon Music, Tidal, Deezer, and TuneIn. Connectivity also includes Bluetooth and AirPlay 2. NR1711 is Roon Tested certified and therefore can stream music from Roon server and Roon Core devices.
Marantz NR1711 can manage systems up to 7.2 channels with an output of 90W (8 ohm, 20Hz-20kHz, THD: 0.08%, 2 controlled channels). There is an AM/FM radio tuner, a phono input, and a total of 6 HDMI inputs.
The audio receiver is capable of processing input signals and upscaling to 8K resolution. It is also compatible with HDR videos in HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, and HLG formats. Automatic calibration is entrusted to the Audyssey MultEQ XT system with Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ.
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier
- Powering 90W per channel
- Featuring one dedicated 8K input and one output for 8K quality video from 8K source devices
- 8K upscaling available on all six HDMI ports
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) HDMI support
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X directly from a smart TV app to the AV receiver
- HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, Dynamic HDR support
- 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT)
- FLAC, ALAC, WAV, DSD 2.8/5.6MHz support
- Built-in HEOS
- multi-room audio and voice control
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
Price and availability
Last week Bhphoto store has also listed the new Yamaha RX-V4A and RX-V6A AV receivers with new design, support major audio formats including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer.