The new LG Gram 16 2 in 1 tablet laptop is now available in the US. The lightweight convertible offers a high-resolution, 16-inch touchscreen with stylus support, a fast Intel Tiger Lake processor, and a large battery, but the LG Gram laptop is not cheap.
The new LG light laptop will be available in the US for 1,699. For this price, you get a convertible with a 16-inch touchscreen in 16:10 format, which has an IPS panel with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels and a 99 percent display of the DCI-P3 color space.
The screen is protected from scratches by Gorilla Glass 6. A Wacom AES 2.0 stylus is included, thanks to tilt detection, 4,096 pressure levels, and changeable pen tips, the 2-in-1 laptop is ideal for drawing. The LG Gram 16 2 in 1 weighs just 1.48 kilograms, which is extremely light because of the screen size and the convertible design. The case has been certified to the MIL-STD 810G standard so that it can withstand shock, pressure, dust, salt spray, and high and low temperatures.
Technically, the Gram 16 2-in-1 laptop is a modern ultrabook in which an Intel Core i7-1165G7 with four cores, eight threads, and the integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 works. There is also 16 GB LPDDR4X-4.266 RAM, an M.2 SSD with up to 1 TB, and an 80 Wh battery that is charged via USB-C. The keyboard is illuminated, the trackpad is larger than its predecessor and the keyboard is equipped with a fingerprint sensor. In addition to two USB-Cs (Thunderbolt 4), the notebook only offers one USB-A port and a headphone jack.
Price and availability
LG Gram 16 2 in 1 has already been listed on the Bestbuy.com and Newegg.com retailers with the “Coming Soon” notification, so far the device is nowhere in stock. The convertible costs 1,699.99 with 1TB SSD, $1,999.99 with 2TB SSD.
LG Gram 16 2 in 1 Specifications
- Display: 16-inch IPS with Pen Touch (Gorilla Glass 6)
- Resolution: WQXGA (2,560 × 1,600)
- Colors: DCI-P3 99% (Typ./Min 95%)
- Aspect ratio: 16:10
- OS: Windows 10 Home Plus
- Processor: Intel ® 11th Gen. Core ™ i7-1165G7 Processor (2.8 GHz, Turbo 4.7 GHz, L3 Cache 12MB, 28W)
- Graphic: Intel ® Iris ® X e Plus Graphics
- RAM: 16 GB LPDDR4X (Dual Channel, 4266 MHz)
- Storage: 512 GB (SSD: M.2 (2280)) / 1 TB (SSD: M.2 (2280))
- Keyboard: Key travel 1.65 mm, backlit
- Ports: HP-Out (4Pole Headset, US type), USB3.2 Gen2x1 (x1), USB 4 Gen3x2 Type C (x2, with Power Delivery, Display Port, Thunderbolt ™ 4)
- Features: Stylus Pen (Wacom AES 2.0), Fingerprint ID, MIL-STD-810G, Slim Kensington Lock, USB-C to HDMI adapter, Sleep (Screen Lock) button
- Battery: 80 Wh
- Dimensions: 356.6 x 248.3 x 16.95 mm
- Weight: 1,480 g
Recently, LG has also made available its latest QNED TV series: LG QNED99 and QNED90 mini LED TV models. They consist of three models of 65″, 75″, and 86″ with 8K resolution. The refresh rate is at 100/120 Hz and there is the Alpha 9 Gen4 AI Processor 8K, the most performing electronics among those made by the Korean giant that here is specifically optimized for 8K resolution.