At the beginning of the year, the South Korean company LG announced three new gaming displays, but at the time it still lacked various key data. This has gradually changed due to the online listing of the LG 34GP950G curved computer monitor for gaming, which is why we want to take a closer look at the new LG curved monitor at this point.
The 34-inch LG Ultra Gear monitor has a curved nano IPS panel with UWQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels, 21: 9), achieves a refresh rate of up to 180 Hz, and is DisplayHDR-600 certified. The contrast ratio is 1000: 1, the color depth 10 bits, the typical luminance 450 cd/m², and the response time 1 ms (gray to gray). It has 98 percent of the DCI-P3 color space and the LG gaming monitor is color calibrated at the factory and eliminates tearing with the help of G-Sync Ultimate. The latter also applies to games with active HDR.
The interface selection includes DisplayPort 1.4 (max.UWQHD @ 180 Hz), HDMI (max.UWQHD @ 100 Hz), a USB 3.0 hub and a headphone output. On the ergonomic side, inclination, height adjustment, VESA recording (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-reduced background lighting are offered. The typical power consumption of the LG 34GP950G is estimated at 65 watts, the weight without a stand at 7 kg, and the dimensions at 816.2 x 361.4 x 108.1 mm (W x H x D). Thanks to Sphere Lightning 2.0, dynamic lighting effects are possible on request, which can be synchronized with acoustic or visual gaming events.
Price and availability
LG 34GP950G Specifications
- Display: 34-inch Curved Nano IPS panel
- Color Gamut (Typ.): DCI-P3 98% (CIE1976)
- Color Depth: 1.07B
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2325 x 0.2325 mm
- Response Time: 1ms (GtG at Faster)
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (O.C 180Hz)
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 (UW QHD)
- Brightness: 400cd (typ)/320cd (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1 (Min.), 1000:1 (Typ.)
- Viewing Angle: 178˚(R/L), 178˚(U/D)
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 2 x USB 3.0 (downstream), 1 x USB 3.0 (upstream), 1 x headphone output
- Features: NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Reader Mode, Flicker Safe, Color Calibrated, OnScreen Control (OSC), HDR10, Wide Color Gamut, Sphere Lighting, DisplayHDR 600, Auto Input Switch, Smart Energy Saving, FPS Counter, LG UltraGear Control Center, User Define Key
- Dimensions: 32.1” x 22.8” x 12.3” (with stand)
- Weight: 20.1 lbs (with stand)
Among other LG curved monitor models, the various online retailers have also listed the two high-end LG UltraFine OLED Pro 32EP950-B with 32-inch and the LG 27EP950 OLED PC monitor with 27-inch 4K UHD panel is finally available in the country. The price of the new OLED gaming monitor is quite a bit lower than expected for a 27-inch model, but the large OLED display is still not cheap