LG unveiled the UltraGear 32GQ950-b, a 32-inch HDMI 2.1 monitor for gaming with a 160Hz refresh rate. This 4K gaming monitor 144hz 1ms supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via HDMI 2.1 and is VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certified, among other features.
According to LG, the UltraGear 32GQ950 features a Nano IPS panel with ATW (Advanced True White) Polarizer technology which should improve off-axis viewing angles. Indeed, an ATW polarizer should reduce the gloss effect of IPS, while causing staining artifacts at certain angles. Additionally, LG states that the monitor is VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certified, the meaning of which was clarified by DisplayHDR in a blog post.
Additionally, LG claims that the UltraGear 32GQ950 offers 1ms (GtG) response times and native 4K resolution. Additionally, the panel runs natively at 144Hz and is overclockable to 160Hz if needed. LG has also included HDMI 2.1 ports for 120Hz and variable refresh rate (VRR) support with current-generation game consoles.
Price and availability
LG UltraGear 32GQ950 4K gaming monitor 144hz 1ms is finally listed on Bestbuy.com for $1,299.99 but without any availability details.
Updated on July 25, 2022: LG 32GQ950 4K gaming monitor is now available on Amazon.com for $999.99 with a discount of up to $300.
Updated on October 25, 2022: LG 32GQ950 4K gaming monitor is now available on Amazon.co.uk for £1,197.81.
LG 32GQ950 specifications
- Display: 31.5-inch Nano IPS panel
- Color Gamut (Typ.): DCI-P3 98% (CIE1976)
- Color Depth: 1.07B
- Pixel Pitch: 0.18159(H) x 0.18159(V) mm
- Response Time: 1ms (GtG at Faster)
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- Brightness: 450cd (typ) / 360cd (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ.), 700:1 (Min.)
- Viewing Angle: 178º(R/L), 178º(U/D)
- Features: NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Flicker Safe, Smart Energy Saving, Reader Mode, H/W Calibration (True Color Pro), Color Calibrated, On-Screen Control (OSC), HDR 10, DisplayHDR 1000, HDR Effect, FPS Counter, FreeSync (Low Frame Compensation), User Define Key, Advanced True Wide Pol., VRR, Overclocking, RGB LED Lighting, Hexagon Lighting, 4-pole HP out, DTS HP:X
- Ports: HDMI x 2, DisplayPort x 1, Headphone Out, USB Up-stream (1ea/ver3.0), USB Down-stream (2ea/ver3.0)
- Stand: Tilt/Height/Pivot
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 28.3″ x 23.7″ x 10.9″ (with stand)
- Weight: 25.6 lbs (with stand)
LG has highlighted the UltraGear 32GQ950 alongside the UltraGear 48GQ900 and the UltraGear 32GQ850 presented separately.
The LG UltraGear 48GQ900 (approx. $1,500 on Amazon) costs as much as an LG C2 smart TV with an advanced OLED Evo panel. The LG 48GQ900 also offers a 4K resolution, a 138Hz refresh rate, and excellent color accuracy. LG UltraGear 32GQ850 (approx. $900 on Amazon), on the other hand, is a 32 inch monitor with a frequency of 260 Hz and a resolution of 1440p.