LG introduced its latest wide screen monitor, the LG 29WP60G-B. This new LG UltraWide Free Sync Monitor features a 29-inch IPS panel, supports AMD Free Sync, USB Type-C connectivity, and a 75Hz refresh rate. The ultra wide monitor also works natively at 2560 x 1080 pixels, which makes it FHD monitor.
Although this LG HDR monitor has an uninspiring name, it does offer a lot of features. For starters, the LG 29WP60G-B is a 29-inch monitor that works natively at 1080p or FHD. The IPS panel supports 5ms gray-gray response time, up to 75Hz refresh rate, and 99% sRGB color space with HDR10.
Also, the UltraWide 29WP60G-B AMD FreeSync monitor widens its appeal among gamers. According to LG, the panel has a contrast ratio of 1000: 1 and peak brightness of 250 nits, as well as an anti-reflective finish. The wide monitor should also have a viewing angle of 178 °, which is normal for an IPS panel.
The LG 29WP60G-B also has three video outputs and several display modes that LG designed for gamers. The monitor comes with a stand that can be tilted, but it can also be mounted by VESA or wall brackets.
Price and availability
LG UltraWide 29WP60G-B FHD HDR wide screen monitor has been priced at $246.99 and is now available to buy on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
LG 29WP60G-B Specifications
- Display: 29-inch Anti-Glare IPS panel
- Color Gamut (Typ.): sRGB 99% (CIE1931)
- Color Depth (Number of Colors): 16.7M
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.312 x 0.310 mm
- Response Time (GTG): 5ms (GtG at Faster), 1ms MBR
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 2560 x 1080 (FHD)
- Brightness: 250cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle: 178º (R/L), 178º (U/D)
- Ports: 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort, USB Type-C, Headphone Out
- Features: Color Weakness Mode, AMD FreeSync, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Flicker Safe, Smart Energy Saving, Reader Mode, Super Resolution+, Color Calibrated, Dual Controller, OnScreen Control (OSC), HDR10, DisplayHDR 400, HDR Effect, Auto Input Switch, Motion Blur Reduction Technology, 1ms Motion Blur Reduction
- Stand Adjustments: Tilt/Height
- Dimensions: 27.1″ x 18.7″ x 8.9″ with Stand
- Weight: 10.6 lbs with Stand
Last month, LG has also made available the 34BN670-B ultra wide screen monitor is particularly aimed at the content creators but offers a comparatively low resolution.