Lenovo introduced the new Legion Y27q-30 1440p gaming monitor as a successor to the 2019 Lenovo Y27q-20. The Lenovo Y27q-30 180Hz monitor has a 27-inch IPS panel with WQHD resolution (2560×1440 pixels).
Lenovo Legion Y27q-30 promises a maximum refresh rate of 180 Hz and is DisplayHDR -400 certified. Furthermore, a 1000:1 contrast ratio, a 1 ms fast gray change, 10-bit color depth ( 8 bit + FRC ), and 400 cd/m² typical brightness are offered.
The specs also state 99 percent sRGB, 95 percent DCI-P3, a Delta-E value of less than 2, and a typical power consumption of 54 watts. However, the latter should be significantly lower in practice with brightness settings that do not burn away your retina in the evening.
The tearing-free gaming fun is provided thanks to FreeSync Premium. In terms of interfaces, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs (WQHD at max. 144 Hz ), a DisplayPort 1.4 (WQHD at max. 180 Hz), a USB 3.2 hub (Gen 1), and a headphone output.
In terms of ergonomics, the 27-inch 1440p gaming monitor makes no compromises and offers rotation, tilt, height adjustment, pivot, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and a flicker-free backlight. Two internal 3-watt speakers are also part of the device.
Price and availability
The Lenovo Legion Y27q-30 180Hz monitor is finally listed on the Amazon.com store for $389.99, and it comes with a three-year warranty.
Lenovo Y27q-30 specifications
- Display: 27-inch IPS panel, Anti-Glare
- Active Area: 596.7 mm x 335.7 mm
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (WQHD)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233 mm x 0.233 mm
- Dot/Pixel Per Inch (DPI/PPI): 109
- Viewing Angle (H x V @ CR 10:1): 178° / 178°
- Response Time: 0.5ms (MPRT), 1ms (Level 4), 2ms (Level 3), 3ms (Level 2), 4ms (Level 1), 5ms (Off)
- Refresh Rate: DP/Type-C2 : 165Hz (Overclock to 180Hz); HDMI: 144Hz
- Brightness: 400 cd/m² (Typical)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typical)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 3M:1 (Typical)
- Color Gamut: 99% sRGB (CIE 1931), 95% DCI-P3 (CIE 1976), 126% sRGB (CIE 1931)
- Color Support: 1.07 Billion
- Color Depth: 10-bit (8+FRC)
- Features: DisplayHDR 400, 3-side NearEdgeless, Modular Camera Support (Lenovo LC 50), Factory Calibration (Avg. Delta E<2), Lenovo Artery, AMD FreeSync Premium, Adaptive Sync, Gaming Console Support, Natural Low Blue Light, Kensington Lock Slot, Cable Management
- Ports: 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DP 1.4, 1 x Audio Out (3.5 mm), USB Upstream 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 14 Type-B, USB Downstream 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 14 Type-A
- Audio: 2 x 3W Speakers
- Stand: Tilt (-5° / 25°), Swivel (-30° / 30°), Height adj. (135 mm), Pivot (-90° / 90°)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 258.8 x 536.5 x 613.7 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.6 kg / 14.6 lbs (with stand)
Lenovo recently also made available the Legion Y25-30 280Hz monitor for gaming with AMD FreeSync Premium compatible, 3-sided NearEdgeless IPS, intelligent variable refresh rate, 1ms response time (0.5ms for moving images), built-in stereo speakers, USB hub, etc.