Lenovo updates the ThinkPad X13 Yoga range. The 2 in 1 notebook now has a new aluminum housing, a presence detector, and a fingerprint sensor in the power button.
The new Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Gen 2 relies on Intel processors. Specifically, the 11th core generation models are used, whereby users can also order powerful i7 processors. Accordingly, an integrated graphics solution up to the Intel Iris X is used. As usual, the Lenovo X13 Yoga can also be used as a tablet, the integrated pen also allows precise drawing of sketches.
Up to 32 gigabytes of LPDDR4 memory is available, which operates at a clock rate of up to 4,266 MHz. An SSD up to two gigabytes in size, connected via PCIe, serves as internal storage.
The 305 x 213.9 millimeter and 15.39-millimeter thick 2-in-1 laptop weighs at least 1.2 kilograms and is available with a total of four display options. The 13.3-inch panels are each equipped with touch functionality. The WQXGA panel has a brightness of 400 cd/m² and should be particularly eye-friendly due to the low proportion of blue light. The three WUXGA variants should offer 500 and 300 cd/m², with the brightest model being equipped with the privacy guard filter.
External screens or hubs can be connected via two Thunderbolt 4 ports and one HDMI 2.0, plus only a single USB A port – in practice, a dock or hub should be necessary for a comparatively large number of applications.
The connection to a network is via WiFi 6, an LTE modem can be ordered. In the best-case scenario, the webcam has an HD release with an IR sensor. The authentication can take place particularly easily via a fingerprint sensor built into the switch.
Price and availability
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Specifications
- Processor: Up to 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 Processor with vPro™ (3.00 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro – Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro for business
- Display: 13.3″ WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-glare, touchscreen, 300 nits / 13.3″ WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, 300 nits / 13.3″ WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, low power, 400 nits / 13.3″ WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-glare, touchscreen with Privacy Guard, 500 nits
- Battery: Up to 10.3 hours 52.8Wh / Rapid Charge included
- Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD
- Graphics: Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
- Camera: 720p HD with webcam privacy shutter / Hybrid infrared (IR) / 720p webcam privacy shutter / Hybrid infrared (IR) / 720p HD and Human Presence Detection (HPD) with webcam privacy shutter
- Memory: Up to 16 GB LPDDR4x 4266MHz (Soldered)
- Connectivity: 5G or 4G LTE (Optional), Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) with vPro™, Bluetooth® 5.2
- Security: Smart Power On fingerprint reader integrated with power button (match-on-chip) (Optional), Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0, Human presence detection (HPD) (Optional), Webcam privacy shutter, Kensington Nano Security Slot™, ThinkPad PrivacyGuard (Optional)
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 2 x Thunderbolt™ 4 (Power Delivery,
- HDMI 2.0, Headphone / mic combo, Nano Kensington lock slot, Smart card reader, Nano SIM slot
- Audio: Dolby Audio™ Speaker System
- Dimensions: 15.4 x 305 x 213.9mm
- Weight: Starting at 1.2kg / 2.65lbs
Along with this, Lenovo has also made available the ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 with a new 14-inch 16:10 UHD+ 4K (3840 x 2400) display, 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, and more.