Lenovo released its new ThinkPad X1 2021 series in early March. The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 features a new 14-inch 16:10 display. As usual with Lenovo, their starting prices are very high at the moment. The PC maker had announced that the Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 now available to buy in the US.
The ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 is almost identical to the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9, but the convertible includes a high-resolution UHD+ 4K (3840 x 2400) display.
Lenovo has not only given the 6th generation of its business convertible a completely new case but has also installed a 16:10 panel for the first time in many years. Another surprise is the touchscreen itself, which has a matt surface and therefore, is particularly advantageous in very bright surroundings or outdoors.
There is better components built-in the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, there are significantly more connections that are even more modern, and the keyboard is also better. There is also a better sound system with 4 speakers and the battery life is long.
Price and availability
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 Specifications
- Processor: Up to 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor with vPro™ (3.00 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
- OS: Windows 10 Home / Pro
- Display: 14″ UHD+ 4K (3840 x 2400) IPS, anti-reflection, anti-smudge, touchscreen with Dolby Vision, HDR, 500 nits, 90% DCI P3 Color Gamut, TÜV Rheinland-certified for reduced blue light emissions / 14″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-glare, touchscreen with Privacy Guard, 500 nits / 14″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-glare, touchscreen, 400 nits, TÜV Rheinland-certified for reduced blue light emissions / 14″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, low power, 400 nits
- Screen to body ratio: 83%
- Aspect ratio: 16:10
- Memory: Up to 32 GB LPDDR4x 4266MHz
- Battery: Up to 16.1 hours 57Whr (MM18) / Rapid Charge (requires 65W PSU or higher)
- Storage: Up to 1TB PCIe SSD
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- Security: Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0, Optional: Human-presence detection sensor with IR camera, Smart Power On fingerprint reader integrated with power button (match-on-chip), Webcam privacy shutter, Kensington lock slot
- Audio: Dolby Atmos Speaker System, 4 x 360-degree far-field mics,
- Dolby Voice professional conferencing solution
- Camera: 720p HD with webcam privacy shutter, Optional: Hybrid infrared (IR) / 720p HD with webcam privacy shutter
- Connectivity: Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF System, Quectel EM120R-GL 4G LTE CAT12, Intel AX201 WiFi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2) with vPro, Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports: 2 x USB 4 Type-C with Thunderbolt 4 (DisplayPort, Power Delivery and Data Transfer), 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (One always on) Headphone / mic combo, HDMI 2.0, Nano SIM slot
- Keyboard: Spill-resistant, Color-matched keyboard with wider 110mm / 4.33″ TrackPad, Backlit with white LED lighting, Call-control keys (F9-F11)
- Supported Docking: USB-C Dock, ThinkPad Thunderbolt 4 Dock
- Dimensions: 14.9 x 313 x 223mm
- Weight: 3 lbs (1.35 kg)