Lenovo is now offering the ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 with AMD Ryzen Pro instead of just Intel Alder Lake. The new Lenovo AMD laptop remains with a comparatively light case and screen in 16:10 format.
After Lenovo presented the Intel version of the ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 in February, a new version of the laptop has been announced that comes with AMD Ryzen Pro. Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 relies on a Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U, which has an integrated AMD Radeon 680M iGPU.
The fast iGPU pays off because, unlike the Intel models, the AMD laptop models are not offered with a dedicated GPU. Lenovo installs up to 32 GB of LPDDR5-6,400 RAM and a maximum of 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD. The 14-inch weighs at least 1.28 kilograms with a 39.3 Wh battery; a 52.5 Wh battery is available as an option.
AMD Ryzen laptop comes with standard 300 nits bright display in 16:10 format with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels. The top-of-the-line P14s Gen 3 comes with a 500-nit bright 4K touchscreens. Regardless of the size, there are two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbit/s), two USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbit/s), Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI 2.0b, and a smart card reader.
Price and availability
Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 (AMD) specifications
- Processor: Up to AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6000 Series Mobile Processor (8 cores, 4.7GHz)
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro, Windows 11 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon graphics with PRO API driver
- Display: 14-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS, 400 nits, low power, 100% sRGB, TÜV certified low blue light / WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS, 300 nits, 45% color gamut / 4K WQUXGA (3840 x 2400) IPS touchscreen (add-on film touch), 500 nits, HDR-400, Dolby Vision, 100% DCI-P3, X-Rite Factory Color Calibration, TÜV certified low blue light
- Memory: Up to 32GB LPDDR5 6400MHz
- Storage: Up to 2TB NVMe PCIe Gen 4 SSD
- Battery: 39.3Whr or 52.5Whr
- Rapid Charge: 65W adapter (60 minutes = 80%)
- Security: Microsoft Pluton embedded security chip, Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0, Certificate-based BIOS Authentication, Webcam privacy shutter, Kensington Security Slot
- Optional: Match-on-chip touch fingerprint reader integrated with power button, Facial recognition with Windows Hello (requires hybrid IR camera)
- Audio: User-facing speakers with Doly Audio, Dual far-field mics
- Camera: HD 720p with webcam privacy shutter / Hybrid FHD 1080p & infrared (IR) with webcam privacy shutter
- Keyboard: Spill-resistant, White LED backlight (optional)
- Connectivity: Qualcomm NFA-725A WiFi 6E, FIBOCOM L860-R 4G LTE CAT16 with eSIM, Quectel CAT4 EM05 with eSIM, NFC (optional)
- Ports: 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (1 always on), 2 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (power delivery, data transfer, DisplayPort), HDMI 2.0b, Ethernet (RJ45), Headphone/mic combo; Optional: Nano-SIM card slot, Smart card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
- Dimensions: 18.03 x 317.75 x 226.82 mm
- Weight: starting at 1.28kg / 2.82lbs
Lenovo recently also made available the ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 double-screen laptop in the USA. Official Lenovo store already listed the device with the base model being equipped with Core i5-12500H, 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and a 512 GB SSD.