The Lenovo Legion5 Pro is now available with an Intel Core i9-13900HX processor, and the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 laptop GPU, the Lenovo laptop 5 Pro gaming laptop is said to achieve a power loss of 200 watts.
In addition to the powerful Legion Pro 7 2023 with RTX 4090, Lenovo also introduced the cheaper Lenovo Legion5 Pro with RTX 4070. The high-performance Legion Pro5 gaming notebook should also be suitable as a mobile workstation thanks to its simple, 2.5-kilogram light and 26.8-millimeter thin housing.
Legion 5 Pro screen resolution is 2,560 x 1,600 pixels, installs a 16-inch 16:10 IPS panel, optionally as a 300 nits 165 Hz display or as a 500 nits bright, 240 Hz panel for an extra charge.
Like the more expensive Legion Pro 7, the Lenovo Legion5 Pro 2023 also uses a dedicated AI chip that intelligently controls the cooling system so that a maximum power loss of 200 watts can be cooled. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 laptop GPU in the top model reaches a maximum TGP of 140 watts, but the Legion Pro5 is also available with a GeForce RTX 3050, a GeForce RTX 4050, or a GeForce RTX 4060.
When it comes to the processor, buyers can choose between the Intel Raptor Lake-HX and AMD Ryzen 7000HX, up to the Core i9-13900HX and the Ryzen 9 7845HX. In addition, Lenovo installs up to 32 GB DDR5-5,600 RAM and a 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD. The battery has a capacity of 80 Wh, which should be enough for a runtime of eight hours.
The Lenovo Legion5 Pro 2023 can be charged with up to 140 watts via USB-C, but the 300-watt power supply must be used for the best possible performance. The device has a keyboard with RGB lighting, 2 x 2-watt stereo speakers, and a relatively wide range of connections, including four USB-A, one USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI 2.1, Ethernet, and a headphone jack.
Prices and Availability
The Lenovo Legion5 Pro 2023 (16IRX8) with an Intel Core i9-13900HX processor and the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 laptop GPU can be purchased on Newegg.com for $2,029.99.
Lenovo Legion5 Pro 2023 specifications
- CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900HX (2.20GHz), 24-core (8P+16E) Raptor Lake Processor, Turbo up to 5.40 GHz, 36 MB L3 Cache
- Chipset: Intel HM770
- Display: 16-inch IPS panel, 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA), 165 Hz, 100% sRGB, 300 nits, Anti-glare, Dolby Vision, HDR 400, G-SYNC, Low Blue Light, Factory Color Calibration
- Operating Systems: Windows 11 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU, 8GB
- Storage: 1 TB PCIe SSD, 2 x M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0
- Memory : 32GB DDR5 5600, 16 GB x 2
- Features: Virtual Reality Ready, 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard, FHD 1080p Webcam with E-shutter
- Communications: LAN 10/100/1000Mbps, Wi-Fi 6E, 11ax 2×2, Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports: 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Always On), 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (support data transfer and DisplayPort 1.4), 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 140W and DisplayPort 1.4), 1 x HDMI 2.1, Ethernet 1 x RJ-45 (1Gbps), 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
- Audio: High Definition (HD) Audio, Realtek ALC3306 codec, Stereo speakers, 2W x2, optimized with Nahimic Audio
- Battery: 80Wh battery with 300W Slim Tip (3-pin) AC Adapter
- Dimensions: 14.31″ x 10.25″ x 0.88″-1.05″
- Weight: 5.60 lbs