Introducing the HTC U23 Pro, the latest offering from the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer, marking their return to the mid-range segment with a well-equipped device. This smartphone boasts impressive features, including a 120 Hz OLED display with Gorilla Glass Victus, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and a remarkable 108 MP main camera.
The U23 Pro by HTC presents an intriguing option in the mid-range smartphone market. It features a sizable 6.7-inch 1,080p+ OLED display with a smooth 120 Hz refresh rate, ensuring a visually captivating experience. Additionally, the display is safeguarded against scratches and accidental drops thanks to the robust Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Nestled neatly within a small punch hole on the front is the 32 MP f/2.45 front-facing camera, enabling stunning selfies and video calls.
On the back of the device, you’ll find a rectangular camera module housing an impressive 108 MP f/1.7 main camera with optical image stabilization. Alongside it are an 8 MP ultra wide-angle camera, a 5 MP macro camera, and a 2 MP depth sensor, providing versatile photography options for capturing every moment. The main camera supports various modes, including 4K video recording, portrait, and night mode. Conveniently located on the right side of the device is the fingerprint sensor, and at the top, you’ll find the cherished 3.5mm headphone jack.
The bottom of the HTC U23 Pro is equipped with a USB-C port that supports USB 3.0, ensuring high-speed data transfers of up to 5 Gbit/s. Furthermore, the device boasts an IP67 certification, making it resistant to water damage. Powering the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 processor. The 4,600 mAh battery offers flexible charging options, allowing for either cable charging with speeds of up to 30 watts or wireless charging at a maximum of 15 watts.
Notably, the HTC U23 Pro is optimized to work seamlessly with the HTC Vive XR Elite mixed reality headset (available for approx. $1,099 / £1,299.99 on Amazon). While HTC has provided a factory-installed Viveverse app, details regarding the extent of these optimizations remain scarce.
Price and availability
HTC U23 Pro is currently available in Taiwan. It has also been listed on Newegg.com, priced at $849.99 for the 8 GB RAM and 256 GB flash memory variant, or $899.99 for the 12 GB RAM and 256 GB memory variant. The device comes in Brown and White color options. Furthermore, the memory capacity can be expanded using a microSD card. Newegg’s listing also indicates that the device is shipped from Taiwan, which means it comes with a Taiwan plug.
HTC U23 Pro specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4nm) Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 644 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB / 12GB RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Dust and water resistant (IP67), Dual SIM
- OS: Android 13
- Rear camera: 108MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video recording, LED flash
- Front camera: 32MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 30W wired fast charging, 15W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
- Dimensions: 166.6 x 77.09 x 8.88mm
- Weight: 205g