The Taiwanese company Gigabyte has announced the new 32 inch gaming monitor M32U (31.5″), which has a large IPS panel with 4K – resolution (2160 x 3840 pixels) features and up to 144 Hz refresh rate is in prospect, and KVM switch dual monitor feature.
The new Gigabyte monitor has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, the color depth is 10 bits ( 8 bits + FRC ) and the typical brightness is 350 cd/m². The Giga monitor is also DisplayHDR-400 certified.
There is still no information about the gray change. Instead, only 1 ms MPRT (“Moving Picture Response Time”) is mentioned. Other features of the KVM monitor are 123 percent sRGB and 90 percent DCI-P3. It also features two 3-watt speakers and Aim Stabilizer Sync. The latter function allows the simultaneous use of Adaptive-Sync against tearing and a mode against motion blur.
On the connection side, there are two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4 (with DSC), a USB 3.0 hub, a headphone output, and a USB-C interface. Thanks to the KVM switch, two end devices can be operated with the same mouse-keyboard combination. On top of that, picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes, a black stabilizer, and various gaming overlays (fps display, crosshairs) can be switched on via the OSD.
Except for pivot, all common adjustment options are available, namely rotation, inclination, and height adjustment. A VESA mounting (100 x 100 mm), a blue light filter, and flicker-free background lighting do not have to be dispensed with either. If you operate the Gigabyte M32U on a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X, you can achieve 4K at 120 Hz and 4: 2: 0 via HDMI 2.1 according to the manufacturer.
The 32 inch gaming monitor model (31.5″), which weighs 7.25 kg without a stand, and thanks to the auto-update function, the monitor firmware can be conveniently updated by the user himself.
Price and availability
Gigabyte M32U Specifications
- Display: 31.5-inch Non-glare SS IPS panel
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 697.3056 x 392.2344 mm
- Color Saturation: 90% DCI-P3/ 123% sRGB
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (UHD)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.181 (H) x 0.181(V)
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2 (TYP)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle: 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Display Colors: 10-bit (8-bit + FRC)
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz / 120Hz for Console Game
- Features: VESA Display HDR400, Flicker-free, OSD Sidekick, Aim Stabilizer Sync, Black Equalizer, Dashboard, Crosshair, Timer, Counter, PiP/PbP, Auto-Update, KVM, 6 axis Color Control, Smart OD, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 x2, Display port 1.4 (DSC) x1, HBR3, Earphone Jack, USB 3.0 x3, USB C x1
- Audio: 3W x2 Speakers
- Stand: Tilt(angle) -5°~+20°, Swivel(angle) -30°~+30°, Height adjustment 130mm
- VESA Mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 715.3 x 585.3 x 244.3 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 10.35 kg (with stand)
Recently, Gigabyte has also made available the Aorus FI32U 4K gaming monitor with 31.5-inch 144hz 4K display has DisplayHDR 400, 1 ms response time, 144 Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color depth, 350 cd/m² brightness, and is priced at $1,449.99.