Gigabyte is expanding its portfolio of gaming monitors with the 28-inch M28U. The specifications read well, as demonstrated by 2160P 4K, HDMI 2.1, and KVM switch for two devices.
Gigabyte has the next new UHD monitor for gamers. The Gigabyte M28U, which is equipped with a 28-inch SS IPS panel. On this, it displays 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, so it has 4K resolution.
The refresh rate of the Gigabyte M28U is 144 Hz, and the response time is 1 ms gray to gray. In addition, the panel has a contrast of 1,000: 1, 8-bit color depth as well as a typical brightness of 300 cd / m² and a DisplayHDR-400 certification. The sRGB color space is fulfilled to 120 percent, the coverage for DCI P3 is 94 percent. FreeSync Premium Pro is used against tearing and, thanks to Aim Stabilizer Sync, can be used in parallel with a mode against moving image blurring.
It is interesting that Gigabyte is installing two new HDMI 2.1 connections on the M28U, while many other models are still equipped with the older HDMI 2.0 standard. DisplayPort 1.4 is available for this, but with DSC (Display Stream Compression). A USB 3.0 hub and a USB-C port are also built-in.
These are also used for the built-in KVM switch function. Using the KVM button, the mouse and keyboard connected to the monitor can be used for two devices, between which you can switch at the touch of a button. There are also stereo speakers with 3 watts each. The stand provides the ability to adjust the USB-C monitor display tilt angle and height concerning the table surface.
Price and availability
Gigabyte M28U 2160P 4K gaming monitor has been priced at $599.99 and is now available to buy on the Newegg.com store.
Gigabyte M28U Specifications
- Display: 28inch Non-glare SS IPS panel
- Color Saturation: 94% DCI-P3/ 120% sRGB
- True Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (UHD)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.16 (H) x 0.16 (V)
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2 (TYP)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle: 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Colors: 8 bits
- Response Time: 1ms GTG / 2ms MPRT
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (120Hz for Console Game)
- Features: VESA Display HDR400, Flicker-free, OSD Sidekick, Aim Stabilizer Sync, Black Equalizer, Dashboard, Crosshair, Timer, Counter, Auto-Update, KVM, 6 axis Color Control, Smart OD, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 x2, Display port 1.4 (DSC) x1, USB 3.0 x3
- USB Cx1, HBR3, Earphone Jack
- Audio: 3W x2 Speakers
- Stand: Tilt – -5°~+20°, Height – 130mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimension: 636.5 x 534.2 x 193.6mm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.93 kg
Along with this Gigabyte has also made available the Aorus FV43U 43-inch monitor for gaming with impressive specifications include 4K resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, and 1 ms response time (MPRT). The Gigabyte G27QC A curved gaming monitor with a 27-inch QHD VA panel. And the Gigabyte M32Q, a 32 inch KVM monitor with SS IPS panel, and 2560 x 1440 QHD resolution.