Gigabyte relaunches the Aorus 17 and gives the Aorus 17H gaming laptop a 360 Hz display with particularly narrow bezels, a modern Intel Raptor Lake Core i7-13700H processor with 14 cores, and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 2022 laptop GPU with the highest possible TGP.
The Gigabyte Aorus 17H relies on a relatively simple design including a keyboard with RGB lighting, narrow screen edges, and a small bulge for the 720p webcam. The 3.0 centimeters thick, 2.7 kilograms heavy Aorus 17 inch laptop is equipped with a 17.3 inch, 360 Hz screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, which can display 100 percent of the sRGB color space for brightness Gigabyte does not provide any information.
Above all, the Aorus 17H Gigabyte laptop RTX 4080 should convince with first-class performance. Gigabyte has installed an Intel Core i7-13700H, which combines six performance cores with clock frequencies of up to 5.0 GHz with eight efficiency cores. There is also an Nvidia RTX4080 laptop GPU with 12 GB of GDDR6 graphics memory, which can be operated with the maximum possible TGP of 150 watts. Gigabyte specifies boost clock frequencies of 2,010 MHz – the maximum possible 2,280 MHz is not reached, presumably because Gigabyte does not offer Dynamic Boost.
Gigabyte installs 16 GB of DDR5-4800 RAM and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD as standard, with the laptop having a second M.2 slot for expanding the memory. The Gigabyte Aorus 17H gaming laptop has two USB-A ports, one USB-C with support for Thunderbolt 4, HDMI 2.1, Mini-DisplayPort 1.4, and a 2.5 Gbit/s Ethernet connection. The battery has a capacity of 99 Wh, but the runtime should still be quite short considering the equipment.
Price and availability
The Gigabyte Aorus 17H gaming laptop with Core i7-13700H and GeForce RTX 4080 can now be purchased from Newegg.com and Amazon.co.uk for $2,299 / £2,410.64.
Updated on February 10, 2023: the Aorus 17H is now also listed on Amazon.com at $2,399.
Gigabyte Aorus 17H specifications
- Operating SystemL Windows 11 Home 64-bit
- CPU: 13th Gen Raptor Lake Intel Core i7-13700H 2.40 GHz, 14-core (6P+8E), Turbo 5.00 GHz, L3 Cache 24 MB
- Display: 17.3-inch 360 Hz screen, 1920 x 1080 (FHD), 100% sRGB,
- Memory: 16 GB DDR5 4800, 8 GB x 2, up to 64 GB
- Storage: 1 TB Gen4 SSD, 2x M.2 SSD slots (Type 2280, supports 2x NVMe PCIe Gen4)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU, Boost Clock 2010 MHz / Maximum Graphics Power 150W, 12 GB GDDR6
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) (Triple band) 2×2, Bluetooth 5.2
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x Thunderbolt 4 (Type-C, support Power delivery), 1 x Mini DP 1.4 (120 Hz), 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio combo jack
- Audio: 2 x 2W Speaker with DTS:X Ultra Audio Technology, Microphone
- Keyboard: Island-style RGB Fusion Keyboard with per-key backlit control, Per key Macro
- Webcam: HD (720p), Windows Hello Face Authentication
- AC Adapter: 280-watt AC Adapter
- Battery: Li-Polymer 99Wh
- Dimensions: 15.70″ x 10.00″ x 1.18″
- Weight: 5.95 lbs.
Recently, we conducted a review of the Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master gaming motherboard. This motherboard is the highly anticipated release for the AMD Ryzen 7000 processor and features the AM5 socket.