Garmin tactix Charlie is the rugged smartwatch presented by the US company able to offer features suitable to carry out tactical actions through the use of GPS and, at the same time, the monitoring of physical activities. The third-generation tactix watch introduces preloaded full-color TOPO mapping, wrist-based heart rate, advanced performance metrics and a specific “Tactical” activity profile, along with more than 26 built-in activities for any type of adventure.
The rugged smartwatch is made of scratch-resistant black DLC coated bezel with stainless steel keys – and allows you to have at your wrist digital topographic maps installable up to a maximum of 16GB, including maritime ones. The maps can then be exploited to the fullest thanks to the presence of a 3-axis compass, a gyroscope, a barometric altimeter and the support of GPS / GLONASS.
The device allows you to navigate to coordinates, tracks, routes, waypoints and any other type of detection selected, and integrates functionality through which you can perform tactical operations (Jumpmaster mode, night-vision such that the light of the display does not interfere with the functions of the glasses used for viewing in the dark). The clock can also be set to dual positioning mode, thus displaying two different sets of coordinate systems, such as MGRS and latitude / longitude, all on the same screen.
Once connected to a smartphone, tactix Charlie also allows you to receive notifications on calls, messages, emails, alerts, and is compatible with the Connect IQ store on which many apps, watch faces and widgets are available.
Garmin tactix Charlie Specifications
- Scratch-resistant black DLC coated bezel with UTC markers
- 26mm QuickFit strap (available in silicone, leather or metal straps)
- Dimensions: 51 x 51 x 17.5mm
- Weight: 90 grams
- Water resistant up to 10ATM
- 1.2″ Display with 240×240 resolution visible in direct sunlight, transflective memory-in-pixel
- Battery life with up to 12 days (smartwatch mode), 20 hours (GPS/HR), 35 hours (UltraTrac mode)
- Internal memory: 16GB
- GPS + GLONASS
- Sensor for continuous heart rate monitoring with Garmin Elevate technology
- Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, WiFi connectivity
- Compatibility with iPhone and Android
- Pre-loaded activities: hiking, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, XC Skiing, stand up paddle boarding, boating, jump master, tactics
Garmin tactix Charlie will be available during the second quarter at a price of $ 749.99 through Amazon.com.