Garmin is expanding its portfolio of the Forerunner sport watch series with the brand new Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running Watch, which succeeds in the Forerunner 735XT GPS Watch. The Garmin 745 offers besides the determination of the VO2Max and oxygen saturation of the blood also the support of Garmin Pay and Garmin Music.
Shortly after Apple introduced its two new smartwatches, the Apple Watch Series 6 and Watch SE, Garmin launched the Forerunner 745, a brand new GPS sport watch intended primarily to appeal to runners and triathletes. There is also a matching HRM-Pro chest strap, which offers athletes even more training options with the dual transmission, running efficiency values , and heart rate measurement underwater.
The new Garmin GPS Watch Running model is the successor to the Forerunner 735XT and offers an even more detailed analysis of physiological measurements, suggestions for the next workout, and improved determination of recovery time.
Garmin Forerunner 745 Features
- GPS running and triathlon watch with compact housing and 1.2-inch display
- Multisport apps for triathlon, pool and open water swimming, running tracks, and more
- Physiological measurement values such as training and performance status, training load and VO2Max
- Heart rate measurement on the wrist, also underwater, PulseOx sensor and body battery
- Workout recommendations based on physiological measurements
- Improved recovery time – takes training, stress, etc. into account
- Garmin Pay and Garmin Music
- Barometric altimeter, GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo
- Automatic accident detection
- Menstrual cycle tracking via Garmin Connect
- The battery life of up to 16 hours in GPS mode
Price and availability
Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running Watch is now available to buy on Amazon.com for $499.99; and it comes in Black, Red, Tropic, and Whitestone color options.
Garmin recently has introduced new Solar smartwatches: Garmin Instinct Solar, Solar Surf, Solar Tactical, Fenix 6S Solar, 6 Pro Solar, and Tactix Delta Solar Edition.