With the EIZO CG2700S, the Japanese monitor specialist has announced a new HDR monitor, which with a new housing design, integrated sensor for monitor calibration, and modern connectivity become a creative hub on the desk.
With the ColorEdge CG2700S, Eizo is carrying out targeted product maintenance in the area of a high-quality 2K monitor for use in video editing and color grading in the HDR workflow, image processing, game design, and many other areas in which exact and reliable color and contrast reproduction is important.
The new EIZO monitor has a new housing design that is supposed to dissipate heat noiselessly and efficiently and rely on Eizo’s integrated colorimeter. The in-house software Color Navigator 7 enables exact and, above all, automated calibration to proven color spaces without the need for an external sensor.
Eizo equips the new additions to the product portfolio with a USB-C connection, which not only supplies the display signal but also power (92W) and provides inclined users with additional USB connections on the monitor. Another novelty is the LAN connection, which upgrades the monitor to a full-fledged, creative docking station for compatible notebooks/tablets with just one cable.
The true-to-life 10-bit panel ensures smooth color transitions and can access a 16-bit look-up table, and as usual with Eizo, professional color spaces are almost completely covered (e.g. DCI P3: 98%, AdobeRGB 99%). In addition, the new model features Eizo’s DUE (Digital Uniformity Equalizer) technology to ensure a balanced color and brightness display across the entire screen area.
Price and availability
EIZO ColorEdge CG2700S 2K monitor is finally available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com store at $2,519. The 5-year guarantee ensures peace of mind in professional use.
Updated on 12th December 2022: EIZO ColorEdge CG2700S-BK monitor is now listed on the Amazon.com online store at $2,519.
EIZO CG2700S specifications
- Display: 27-inch IPS panel
- Backlight: Wide-Gamut LED
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (2K)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Viewable Image Size (H x V): 596.7 x 335.7 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233 x 0.233 mm
- Pixel Density: 109 ppi
- Display Colors: 1.07 billion colors, 10-bit display (from a palette of 278 trillion, 16-bit LUT)
- Viewing Angles (H / V, typical): 178°, 178°
- Brightness (typical): 400 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio (typical): 1600:1
- Response Time (typical): 19 ms (gray-to-gray)
- Color Gamut (typical): Adobe RGB: 99%, DCI-P3: 98%
- Features: Built-in Calibration Sensor, Brightness Stabilization, Digital Uniformity Equalizer, Preset Modes (User, BT.2020, BT.709, DCI-P3, PQ_DCI-P3, HLG_BT.2100, AdobeRGB, sRGB, Calibration (CAL), SYNC_SIGNAL), HDR Gamma (HLG, PQ curve)
- Ports: DisplayPort (HDCP 2.3), HDMI (Deep Color, HDCP 2.3), USB Type-C (DisplayPort Alt Mode, HDCP 2.3), USB 3.1 Gen 1: Type-C (DisplayPort Alt Mode, Power Delivery Source 92 W max.), USB 3.1 Gen 1: Type-B, USB 3.1 Gen 1: Type-A x 2, USB 2.0: Type-A x 2, USB LAN Adapter RJ-45
- Stand: Height Adj. (155mm), Tilt (35° Up, 5° Down), Swivel (344°), Pivot (90°)
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 638 x 415.9 – 570.9 x 245 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 9.4 kg (with stand) / 10.1 kg (with hood)
Recently, EIZO introduced the FlexScan EV2490 portable external display monitor for business and office use with a 23.8-inch diagonal. The built-in IPS panel has a 1920×1080 pixels (Full HD) resolution with a maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz, covers the sRGB color space, and is priced at £700.