DZOFilm has announced the release of a new 18-35mm T2.9 Catta Ace FF Cine Zoom lens. This is the third lens in the Catta Ace FF Cine lens series, joining the already existing Catta Ace 35-80mm T2.9 and Catta Ace 70-135mm T2.9.
The DZOFilm Catta Ace 18-35mm T2.9 professional cinema lens shares many similarities with the earlier Pictor 14-30mm T2.8 Super35 Parfocal Zoom Lens.
The DZOFilm Catta Ace 18-35mm T2.9 lens maintains focus throughout the entire zoom range. It covers a 43.5mm image circle and comes with either a PL or Sony E-mount, or a Canon EF-mount option.
The lens has a 16-blade aperture and is claimed to deliver soft bokeh. The optical design of the lens consists of 21 elements in 17 groups.
The lens is available in black or white, as well as in 2- and 3-lens kits that include a case and EF mount.
If you have already purchased one of the Catta Ace 35-80mm T2.9 or Catta Ace 70-135mm T2.9 lenses, the new lens will offer you a wider choice of focal lengths and thus complete your creativity.
Price and availability
The DZOFilm 18-35mm T2.9 Catta Ace FF Cine Zoom Lens is available for pre-order now on Bhphotovideo.com store at $3,229 for Sony E mount and $3,899 for PL mount.
DZOFilm 18-35mm T2.9 specifications
- Focal Length: 18 to 35mm
- Lens Mount: Sony E / ARRI PL
- Lens Format Coverage: Full Frame
- Image Circle: 43.5 mm
- Maximum Aperture: T2.9
- Minimum Aperture: T22
- Minimum Focus Distance: From Unspecified Point in Lens: 29.13″ / 0.74 m
- Optical Design: 20 Elements in 15 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 16
- Gear MOD & Pitch: Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch; Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch; Zoom: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
- Front Diameter: 80 mm
- Filter Thread: 77 mm
- Focus Scales: Imperial
- Focus Rotation: 270°
- Iris Rotation: 77°
- Zoom Rotation: 100°
- Zoom Ratio: 2.3x (Sony E) / 1.9x (PL)
- Electronic Communication: No
- Image Stabilization: No
- Dimensions (W x H): 214.4 x 80 mm (Sony E) / 179.5 x 80 mm (PL)
- Length: 214.4 mm (Sony E) / 179.5 mm (PL)
- Weight: 3.4 lb, 1532 g (Sony E) / 4.1 lb, 1850 g (PL)