The Chinese company Feiyu Tech has announced an affordable action camera with a built-in 3-axis gimbal stabilizer – Feiyu Pocket 4K. The action camera gimbal turned out very similar to the more famous camera from DJI – Osmo Pocket.
Feiyutech Feiyu Pocket 4K action camera gimbal can record video in 4K resolution with a frame rate of 60 fps. It cost $249 only and can be purchased through the Bhphotovideo.com online store.
Unlike the DJI Osmo Pocket, the Feiyu Tech Pocket 4K camera has a larger screen diagonal of 1.3 inches and a camera sensor with a resolution of 8.5 megapixels. This sensor should provide the camera pixel-by-pixel image reading when shooting videos in 4K UHD format, which in turn should, in theory, have a positive effect on the sharpness of the picture and comes with the 1/2.5-inch CMOS sensor.
In addition, the new camera stabilizer features an ultra-wide-angle lens (120° viewing angle) with an aperture of F/2.8, which in turn is 1 stop darker than the DJI Osmo Pocket. At the same time, the working ISO range of this video stabilizer is similar to the DJI camera, namely – 100-3200. FeiyuTech Pocket 4K electronic shutter speed is 1/8000 second.
Feiyu Pocket 4K Features:
- Records up to UHD 4K60 at 120 Mb/s, 2.7K60, 1080p120, and 720p240
- 3840 x 2144 still images
- Ultra-wide 120° max FOV
- 6-axis hybrid image stabilization
- 1.3″ live-view touchscreen display
- MicroSD card slot supporting up to 512GB cards
- Built-in battery (up to 3.5 hours at 4K30, 4.5 hours in 1800p60)
- USB Type-C charging port
- 360° POV all-follow mode and two basic follow modes
- Companion Feiyu Cam app, compatible with iOS 9.0 or above, and Android 6.0 or above
- Built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (33′ max distance, 16′ optimal distance)
- Supported file formats: FAT32(32GB) and exFAT (64GB)
- 1/4″-20 tripod mount thread on the bottom
- Aluminum and ABS/PC construction
The camera does not have a microphone input. In this case, the sound is recorded on the built-in stereo microphone in a compressed AAC format with a sampling frequency of 48 kHz. In addition to video, Feiyu Tech Pocket 4K can also take photos in JPG or DNG RAW formats with a resolution of up to 3840 x 2144 (8.2 MP).
Of the video features, the built-in action camera gimbal is able to record time-lapse, hyper-lapse and 3D panoramas. The built-in battery with a capacity of 875mAh should be enough for 3.5 hours of video recording in 4K resolution or for 4.5 hours – with a resolution of 1080p. The camera fully charged in 1.2 hours, as per manufacturer reports.
The Feiyu Pocket 4K uses microSD memory cards with a capacity of up to 512GB. At the same time, it is recommended to use high-speed memory cards with a class of at least UHS-I U3. It is equipped with the wired USB 2.0 Type-C and wireless Wi-Fi. It measures 124.5 x 40.5 x 30.0 mm, and weighs 115 g.