iFi audio has launched a new best DAC ZEN One Signature with a variety of connectivity options including USB protocol, S/PDIF port, and Bluetooth. The digital audio hub is improved from the foundation of ZEN DAC V2 (REVIEW) and ZEN Blue 2.
iFi ZEN One Signature will only act as a digital to analog audio converter (no built-in amp and volume control), so it will ensure the cleanest and most stable signal processing. ZEN One Signature USB DAC is well compatible with a wide range of devices from smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, CD/Blu-ray players… to make audio hubs output signals to speaker systems, or as audio servers for TVs and consoles console games like PS4 and PS5.
ZEN One Signature features
- Compatible with Hi-Res music quality DSD256, PCM384, MQA384kHz.
- Hi-Res Bluetooth 96kHz support with LDAC, HWA/LHDC, aptX Adaptive/HD/LL, AAC, SBC codecs
- USB-Audio protocol with 16-core 2000MIPS XMOS chipset ultra-low latency, support MQA decoding
- There is a balanced 4.4mm output
- As a pure DAC, there is no built-in amp and volume control to maintain the highest stability when decoding the signal
- Integrated HD Bluetooth technology for stable connection quality from all sources, comes with a high-gain Bluetooth antenna to increase reception range
- Equipped with a GMT femto-precision pulse counter (nominal efficiency >20dB) with its own customizable digital filter to combat interference or signal variation effects
- The optical/coaxial S/PDIF port supports 32-bit/192kHz PCM and MQA signal quality
- Using high-end components such as C0G capacitors, MELF resistors, Taiyo Yuden/Murata coils for excellent performance at an acceptable price
- Equipped with Qualcomm QCC5100 Bluetooth chipset with exclusive iFi Bluetooth Engine circuit design to enhance connectivity and signal processing, well compatible with aptX-Adaptive/aptX-HD codecs (up to 48kHz), LDAC and LHDC ( up to 96kHz), aptX-Classic/aptX-Low Latency, AAC (iOS devices) and SBC (for standard Bluetooth connected devices).
- iFi Bluetooth Engine supports OTA (over-the-air) updates to support new codecs in the future
- The Burr-Brown True Native®️ chipset enables bit-perfect signal processing to preserve the details in the music
- The power supply unit is equipped with high-grade ELNA Japan Silmic II capacitors for the stable load current
Price and availability
iFi ZEN One Signature DAC has been priced at $349 and is already available to buy via the Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, and Adorama.com websites.
ZEN One Signature specifications
- Power: DC 5V (centre battery +ve)
- Input: USB3.0 Type B (USB2.0 compatible)
- S/PDIF ( coaxial, TOSLINK optical)
- Bluetooth 5.1 (aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive) , aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA, AAC and SBC codec)
- Supported music formats: PCM: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- DSD: 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.1/11.3/12.3MHz
- DXD: 352.8/384kHz
- MQA: support for direct decoding
- Bluetooth: 96kHz
- Chipset: Bit-Perfect Qualcomm DSD & DXD DAC Burr-Brown
- QCC 5100 Series
- Analog Output: Coaxial, Audio RCA L/R
- 4.4 Balanced Line-out
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 80kHz ±3dB
- Output: 4V / 2V max. (BAL/UnBAL) Output
- Impedance: ≤72Ω/36Ω (BAL/UnBAL)
- SNR: -105dB(A) @ 0dBFS (BAL/UnBAL)
- THD + N: <0.002% @ 0dBFS (BAL/UnBAL) Dissipated
- Energy No Signal ~0.7W/Max Signal ~1W
- Dimensions: 158 x 100 x 35 mm
- Weight: 485g