With the Dell S2722DC, a new office 4K computer monitor came onto the market a few weeks ago, which we want to illuminate later for the sake of completeness. The Dell 4K monitor has a 27-inch IPS panel with WQHD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels) and achieved a maximum of 75 Hz refresh rate.
The Dell 27 inch 4K monitor has a contrast ratio of 1000: 1, the color depth is 8 bits, the response time is 4 ms (gray to gray), and the luminance is 350 cd/m². There is 99 percent of the sRGB color space is covered. Furthermore, two internal 3-watt speakers and FreeSync support (without LFC) are included.
On the interface side, two HDMI 1.4 inputs, a USB 3.2 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort -Alternate mode and 65-watt power delivery can be used. The typical power consumption of the Dell 27 inch monitor is estimated at 17.7 watts.
Dell S2722DC weighs 5.4 kg without a stand can rotate, skew, adjust the height in pivot shift or by VESA mount uptake on a wall or an arm. A blue light filter and flicker-free background lighting do not have to be dispensed with either.
Price and availability
Dell S2722DC specifications
- Display: 27-inch Anti-glare IPS panel with 3H hardness
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Pixel Pitch: 0.1554 mm
- Pixel Per Inch: 163
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 / 1000:1 (dynamic)
- Color Support: 1.07 billion colors
- Response Time: 4 ms (gray-to-gray extreme)
- Viewing Angle: 178/178
- Features: AMD FreeSync, 99% sRGB color gamut, Mercury-free, arsenic-free glass, 3-sided bezeless
- Ports: 2 x HDMI, USB-C upstream/DisplayPort with Power Delivery (power up to 65W), USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream, USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream with Battery Charging 1.2, Audio line-out
- Audio: 3 Watt stereo speakers
- Stand: Tilt Angle -5/+21, Swivel Angle 60, Rotation Angle 180, Height Adjustment 4.3 in
- VESA Mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 24.1 in x 6.9 in x 15.8 in (with stand)
- Weight: 10.4 lbs
Recently, Dell also released its first portable monitor for laptop, the C1422H, which at first glance impresses with its narrow display bezels and quite high brightness. However, the portable screen monitor is not the cheapest model on the market either and is priced at £289.