With the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5, a new convertible touchscreen Chromebook tablet with a 13.3-inch OLED display is finally available to purchase. Lenovo continues to launch new Chromebook Duet tablets at a steady pace. This time, it’s the sequel to last year’s critically acclaimed, value-for-money Lenovo Duet Chromebook, dubbed the Chromebook Duet 5.
Lenovo has had success over the past two years with its Android and Chrome OS tablets. She found a winning combination of features, performance, and price that won over consumers. Building on the success of last year’s popular and critically acclaimed tablet Chromebook touchscreen Duet convertible, the company continued its momentum with its latest iteration, dubbed Chromebook Duet 5.
If there was one common wish among customers of its 10.1-inch Duet Chromebook, it was that it could offer a larger variant as well. Lenovo has made that wish come true with the Chromebook Duet 5, which now boasts a 13.3-inch display. Despite being a laptop-sized screen, Lenovo has retained the detachable 2-in-1 tablet form factor that made the original so popular. Chrome OS offers both support for Android apps and a full desktop version of the Chrome browser, it has become a very convenient option for many users.
Lenovo has upped the specs by including a 1080p OLED panel with 100% coverage of the DCI-p3 color space and adding a more powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 octa-core. RAM is available in 4 or 8 GB, and storage configurations include 64, 128, and 256 GB, but each is limited to the eMMC type. Battery life is estimated at 15 hours, while the keyboard and kickstand are part of the bundle.
Price and availability
Lenovo Ideapad Duet 5 specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 (8C, 8x Kryo 468 @2.55GHz)
- Graphics: Integrated Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- Memory: 4GB/8GB ram ( soldererd / no slots / LPDDR4x-2133 )
- Storage: 64GB/128GB ( eMMC 5.1 )
- Display: 13.3 inch Full HD screen ( 1920×1080 / OLED / 400nits / Glossy / 100% DCI-P3 / 10-point Multi-touch support )
- Battery capacity: Integrated 42Wh
- Power supply: 30W USB-C (2-pin, Wall-mount)
- Max battery life: 15.5 hr ( Google power load test )
- Keyboard type: Non-backlit, English
- Operating system: Chrome OS
- Wireless and Connectivity: WiFi 5 11ac, 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports: 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 3.0 and DisplayPort 1.4), 1x Pogo pin connector (5-point)
- Security: Google Security Chip H1
- Docking: Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Folio Keyboard
- Audio and Sound: Stereo speakers, 1W x4, Realtek ALC5682I codec, 2x array mics
- Camera: Front 5.0MP / Rear 8.0MP
Recently, Asus has introduced the Chromebook Flip CX5 (CX5400FMA-DN388T-S) touchscreen Chromebook based on an Intel processor. The stylus is located directly in the touchscreen laptop and is priced at $699.99 for the version with Intel Core i3-1110G4 processor, 128GB SSD, and 8GB RAM.