Along with the EOS M50 Mark II mirrorless camera, Canon has also introduced the Speedlite EL-1 Flash with an improved continuous shooting number up to 170 and built-in radio transmission wireless functionality.
The Canon Speedlite EL-1 features a weather-sealing body is similar to the Canon 1D-series camera, the flash has a higher guide number of 60m / 197ft at ISO 100 and 200mm flash coverage. With the advantages of using a radio system as a higher effective range, more active position in complex ways, wireless flash shooting on both radio and optical transmission with compatible Canon Speedlites, offering users greater functional range when using flash.
For juice, the EL-1 utilizes the LP-EL rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack to promote shorter recycle times of around 0.9 sec, approximately 335 flashes per charge, and it contributes to improved thermal management and the flash’s active cooling system.
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Features
- A powerful rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack providing high speed recycle and increase in the number of flashes while utilizing the Canon LC-E6 battery charger
- An increased continuous firing number of approximately 170 thanks to a new active cooling system
- Wireless second-curtain sync
- New joystick, FE one-touch memory, LED modeling lamp and user interface display design
- A high-durability Xenon glass flash tube to provide higher accuracy and durability of the flash head
Price and availability
Canon Speedlite EL-1 is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website for $1,099 and it will be available in February 2021.