The Asus ROG Strix XG276Q 1080P monitor unveiled in October last year has received an official listing that provides specifications, pricing and availability. Previously, the information about the budget 1080P monitors was little.
The 27 inch monitor comes with an IPS panel, Full HD resolution (1920×1080 pixels), a refresh rate of up to 170 Hz, and DisplayHDR 400 certification. The contrast ratio is 1000:1, the color depth is 8 bits, the response time is 1 ms (gray to gray), the typical brightness is 400 cd/m², and the sRGB coverage is 115 percent.
FreeSync Premium and G-Sync compatible Adaptive Sync are represented as anti-tearing measures. Alternatively, a mode against the blurring of moving images (“Extreme Low Motion Blur”) can be activated. A combination of the two technologies is not possible because it is not an ELMB Sync model.
On the interface side, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.2 and a headphone output. There are no USB ports. There are no compromises when it comes to the ergonomic functions: tilt, rotation, height adjustment, pivot, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free backlighting are all offered.
According to the specs, the power consumption of the Asus XG276Q is less than 23 watts. The weight without the stand is estimated at 4.53 kg.
Price and availability
Asus ROG Strix XG276Q 1080P monitor for gaming is finally available on the Newegg.com store for $309.99.
Asus XG276Q specifications
- Display: 27-inch Non-Glare IPS panel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (sRGB): 115%
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 596.74 x 335.66 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.311mm
- Brightness (Typ.): 400cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Refresh Rate (max): 170Hz
- Features: Flicker free, HDR10, Trace Free Technology, GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP 2.2, Game Visual, FreeSync Premium, G-SYNC Compatible, Extreme Low Motion Blur, Display Widget, Kensington Lock
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.2 x 1, HDMI (v2.0) x 2, Earphone jack
- Stand: Tripod Socket, Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+25° ~ -25°), Pivot (0° ~ 90°), Height (110mm)
- VESA Mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 614.81 x (399.32~509.32) x 264.94 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 7.47 Kg (with stand)
Apart from these budget 1080P monitors, Asus recently introduced the TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A 4K monitor with a 16:9 aspect ratio, 144Hz refresh rate, 28-inch Fast IPS, 1ms (GTG) response time, HDMI 2.1 port, and it cost $799.