At NAMM 2020 Boss presents the new SY-1000 guitar synthesizer. Synth sounds are hip and now some manufacturers have special synth pedals on offer. It was only a matter of time before Boss launched a slightly larger model after the SY-1. Especially since Roland/Boss are pioneers in the Boss guitar pedals discipline. There is a lot of power in the SY-1000, the Custom DSP has six times the computing power of the DSP from the SY-300.
A GK pickup is required to be able to use it with all functions. The SY-1000 has three engines and the digital sound generation running at 24 bit and 48 kHz. You can select three basic sounds (Dynamic Synth, OSC Synth, GR300), mix them together and of course modify them accordingly and add effects.
Ten oscillator waveforms are available, including sine, triangle, PWM, three sawtooth types (including the Roland Supersaw) and more. With six different filters, amplifier control, two LFOs and two powerful step sequencers, the sound can then be shaped further. In addition to the GK input for optimal performance, the dynamic synth can also be played via the normal guitar/bass input.
Boss SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer Features
- Most powerful BOSS guitar/bass synthesizer and modeling processor
- Synthesizer engine with custom DSP and continuous 48 kHz/32 bit signal processing
- Adjustment of pitch, level, and panning of each individual string per instrument
- New Dynamic Synth follows the natural guitar envelope for uncompromising sound design
- New sound engine and GK 13-pin interface
- Dynamic synth with two 16-step sequencers
- Current versions of historic BOSS/Roland guitar synthesizers and modeling technologies: OSC Synth, GR-300, E. Guitar, E. Bass, Acoustic, VIO Guitar and Poly FX
- 6.3 mm standard inputs for guitar & bass for mixing and for dynamic synth processing
- Effects and amplifiers from the GT-1000
- Large LC display and intuitive editing interface
- Eight freely assignable footswitches, external control options, effect loops, and configurable main/sub outputs
- USB audio/MIDI and MIDI I/O + guitar-to-MIDI or bass-to-MIDI function
- Permanently assigned guitar and bass modes
- Individual adaptation of sounds via the BOSS Tone Studio Editor; professional patches for download on BOSS Tone Central
- Roland GK-compatible pickup and 13-pin cable required for full access to all synthesizer and modeling functions