Blackmagic Design today announced the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, a new, more powerful bmpcc 6K model that includes a brighter adjustable HDR touchscreen, built-in ND filters, a larger battery, and support for an optional electronic viewfinder. This Blackmagic camera model offers the latest 5th generation color technology, a 13-stop Super35 HDR image sensor, ISO 25600, and the popular Canon EF mount.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is made from lightweight carbon fiber and polycarbonate and features a multi-function grip with all controls. The sensor is designed to reduce thermal noise, resulting in sharper shadows and higher ISO. Plus, the large 5-inch LCD screen enables perfect focusing at 4K and 6K resolutions.
The new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro features an enlarged 6144 x 3456 Super35 sensor that allows shooting with shallow depth of field and anamorphic lenses, and an EF mount allows users to use EF lenses.
The camera includes additional professional features such as built-in 2-, 4- and 6-stop ND filters, and an adjustable tilt HDR LCD screen ideal for use in bright sunlight. It also includes two mini XLR audio inputs and a large NP-F570 battery.
Whether users are shooting in bright sunlight or near no light, 13 stops of dynamic range from ISO up to 25600 delivers quality images with low noise in all lighting conditions. The Black magic pocket camera allows users to shoot at up to 60 frames per second in full resolution.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records standard 10-bit Apple ProRes files in all formats up to 4K or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in all formats up to 6K.
The new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro uses 5th generation color technology to further enhance picture quality with accurate skin tones and accurate color reproduction in every frame.
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro supports an optional viewfinder to make outdoor and handheld shooting accurate and easy. Customers receive an integrated, high-quality, 1280 x 960 OLED color display with an integrated proximity sensor. The viewfinder has a 70-degree swivel range and comes with 4 different types of eyecups for left and right eyes.
Blackmagic is equipped with 2 mini XLR connectors for professional microphones, allowing users to record 2 separate audio tracks with 2 microphones without a mixer. The four built-in microphones are extremely low noise and are shock and wind resistant for great sound wherever you go. There is also a 3.5mm audio input for connecting camcorder microphones, as well as a built-in speaker for playback and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro uses larger NP-F570 batteries. Also, the supplied AC plug can power the camera and charge the battery at the same time. An optional battery grip allows customers to add extra batteries to dramatically increase the camera’s power to shoot all day.
Price and availability
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro is available for pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website for $2,495.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro Specifications
- Sensor Size: 23.1 x 12.99 mm (Super35)
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Resolution Effective: 21.2 Megapixel (6144 x 3456)
- Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
- ISO: 100 to 25,600 (Expanded)
- Advertised Dynamic Range: 13 Stops
- Lens Mount: Canon EF
- Built-In ND Filter: Mechanical Filter Wheel with Clear, 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters
- Built-In Microphone Type: Stereo
- Variable Frame Rates: Up to 120 fps
- Internal Recording: Raw – Up to 6144 x 3456 at 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50 fps (49 to 483 MB/s)
- External Recording: Video Output – 4:2:2 10-Bit via HDMI: 1920 x 1080p at 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60 fps / Raw Output – USB:
- 6144 x 3456 at 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50 fps
- Connectivity: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)/CFast, 1 x HDMI Output,
- 1 x Mini XLR Mic/Line Level (+48 V Phantom Power) Input, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Stereo Mic/Line Level Input, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Stereo Headphone Output, 1 x USB Type-C Control, 1 x 3.5 mm Timecode Input (Shared with 3.5 mm Mic/Line input), Bluetooth
- Display: 5-inch Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Battery Type: Sony L-Series
- Accessory Mount: 1 x 1/4″-20 Female
- Tripod Mounting Thread: 1/4″-20 Female
- Material of Construction: Carbon Fiber
- Dimensions: 179.83 x 112.01 x 122.94 mm
- Weight: 2.73 lb / 1238 g
Recently, Blackmagic Design has also announced the “Fairlight Desktop Console”, priced at $3,595. The portable USB audio mixer offers twelve touch-sensitive flying faders of the highest quality, built-in LCDs above each channel strip for controlling panning and effects, and full automation control.