After presenting the TravelMate Spin B1 notebook, Acer announced a second product called Chromebook Spin 11 (R751T) convertible laptop at BETT 2017, specifically designed for school use and further increase the company’s presence in the Taiwanese Education sector.
Acer Chromebook Spin 11 R751T is a convertible laptop with 360 degree hinge dual-torque hinge, and is equipped with military-grade standard (MIL-STD 810G) shock resistant which makes it perfect for heavy duty use in school classrooms also thanks to the presence of a reinforced frame and a rubber bumper that surrounds the keyboard. In this way, the Chromebook Spin 11 can fall from a height up to 122cm with no damage. As in the case of B1 Spin, Spin 11 also has a drainage system for protection from spilled liquids on the keyboard.
Featuring Wacom stylus pen without batteries with Electro-Magnetic Resonance Technology (EMR) to take notes and draw, the Chromebook guarantees optimal functionality thanks to compatibility with the Google Play Store and offers four different modes: tent for displaying content video and access to apps, tablet for mobility, the notebook mode for easy typing.
According to Acer, “Built on the Chrome operating system, the notebook has an 11.6-inch HD IPS display with highly accurate touch sensitivity. Chromebook 11 is powered by either an Intel Celeron quad-core processor N3450 or Intel Celeron dual-core processor N3350 depending on model. It also and comes with 4GB/8GB LPDDR4 memory and either 32GB/64GB on–board storage through eMMC flash,”
The company also adds, “Wireless connectivity comes through with 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, while wired connectivity comes through with 2 USB Type-C ports (USB 3.1 Gen 1 – up to 5 Gbps transfer of data, DisplayPort over USB-C and USB charging) and two type A USB 3.0 ports as well as a MicroSD card reader.”
Pricing and availability information of the product is still unknown.
Acer Chromebook Spin 11 Specifications
- Dimensions of 296x206x20.5mm
- Weight of 1.4 kg
- IPS LCD Display of 11.6 inches with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Resolution of 720×1280 pixels
- Two HD Webcam – HDR wide-angle shot (1MP above the screen, 5MP above the keyboard)
- Intel Celeron N3450 quad-core / Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core
- 4GB / 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB / 64GB
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, 2 x USB Type-C (USB 3.1 1 – up to
- 5Gbps data transfer, DisplayPort USB-C and recharge via USB), 2 x USB 3.0 type A, microSD reader
- Battery life up to 10 hours