Sony has announced a new best vlog camera Sony ZV-1F with advanced video shooting capabilities. The best camera for youtube vlogging received a 3-inch display with a resolution of 20.1 MP 1″ (Exmor RS BSI CMOS). The maximum video recording quality is UHD 4K 30 fps. ISO range 125-12.800. The Sony vlogging camera battery will last for about an hour of video recording.
It should be borne in mind that the camera for vlogging received contrast autofocus. Its performance and efficiency will be lower than hybrid autofocus cameras such as the Sony ZV-1 (approx. $698 on Amazon).
The best vlog camera for youtube has a fixed lens with a focal length of 20mm (full frame equivalent) and an aperture of F/2.0. At the same time, digital zoom 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 4.0x is available. It is worth noting that the camera does not have matrix stabilization, only electronic. The maximum burst speed is 16 fps.
At the same time, a shooting mode with a high frame rate of Full HD 120 fps is also available. Also, advanced shooting profiles will be available in the new camera: S-Cinetone and HLG, and S-Log3 / 2. It will also add opportunities for color correction of the material, but not much since the recording is in 8-bit 4:2:0.
There are also special shooting modes for vloggers: hyperlapse, software blurring of the background (there is a special button on the top of the camera body for this), and eye autofocus.
The vlogger camera received a compact lightweight body (weight – 256 grams), a 3.0″ 0.92 million dot swivel display (the same as in the Sony ZV-1 camera), built-in microphones, touch screen. Implemented support for transferring video to a smartphone, and live broadcasts.
Also implemented support for Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz) and Bluetooth connectivity.
Price and release date
Sony ZV-1F specifications
- Sensor Resolution: 20.1 Megapixel (5472 x 3648)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Type: 13.2 x 8.6 mm (1″-Type) CMOS
- Image File Format: JPEG
- Image Stabilization: Digital
- Focal Length: 7.6mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x Maximum
- Maximum Aperture: f/2
- Minimum Aperture: f/8
- Focus Range: 2″ to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity
- Optical Design: 6 Elements in 6 Groups
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 125 to 12800 (Extended: 80 to 12800)
- Shutter Speed: Electronic Shutter (32,000 to 1/4 Seconds)
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation: -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Continuous Shooting: Up to 16 fps (JPEG)
- Video: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [60 to 100 MB/s] / Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 MB/s]
- Recording Limit: Up to 29 Minutes
- Broadcast Output: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Recording: Built-In Microphone (Stereo) / External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Live Streaming: Yes
- Webcam Functionality: Yes
- Monitor: 3-inch 921,600 Dot Articulating Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash: No
- External Flash Connection: None
- Interface: 1x SD/SDHC/SDXC [128 GB Maximum], USB-C (USB 2.0), HDMI D (Micro), 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Microphone
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Battery: 1 x NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1240 mAh (Approx. 360 Shots)
- Dimensions: 105.6 x 60 x 46.4 mm
- Weight: 9.0 oz / 256 g (With Battery)