BenQ has announced the opening of pre-orders for the Mobiuz EX3210U best 4K 32 inch monitor, an HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor aimed at gamers. The new BenQ EX3210U is equipped with an IPS-type LCD panel with an Ultra HD resolution, 3840 x 2610 pixels. No particular indications are given on the backlight: the technical data sheet describes it simply as an “LED backlight”.
The typical brightness, that is non-peak brightness, stands at 300 cd/m² – nit while in HDR the limit is raised and, we are talking about VESA DisplayHDR 600. As for the supported formats for high dynamic range, BenQ reports compatibility with HDR10. The panel has a 144 Hz refresh rate and a response time of 2 ms GtG (Gray to Gray) or 1 ms MRPT (Moving Picture Response Time). The viewing angle is approximately 178 ° along both axes.
The specs also talk about a 10-bit color depth, an anti-reflective coating, and the ability to cover 98% of the DCI-P3 color space and 99% of AdobeRGB. Users can choose the color temperature from bluish, normal, reddish, user-defined, and set the gamma by choosing from a series of curves between 1.8 and 2.6. There is also support for AMD’s FreeSync Premium Pro technology.
The integrated functions are numerous: the BenQ 4K monitor provides a mode to improve visibility in dark areas (Black eQualizer) and to adjust the colors to adapt them to the specific needs of the different types of games or the tastes of the players (Color Vibrance). The HDRi technology instead includes a series of interventions on the high dynamic range. Selecting Game HDRi mode improves visibility in the darkest parts of the image, while still preserving the HDR performance. Cinema HDRi, on the other hand, is used to optimize the contrast ratio when watching movies and TV series.
HDRi can also be applied to standard dynamic range content: the HDR effect is simulated by special algorithms made by BenQ. Again there are two modes available for the game (Game HDRi Emulated) and movie or TV series (Cinema HDRi Emulated). All settings can be associated with specific inputs using the Scenario Mapping function, which allows you to quickly recall your favorite settings.
BenQ EX3210U HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor is equipped with an audio section based on a 2.1-channel configuration with treVolo technology. There are two tweeters of 2W each and a woofer of 5W. A DSP (Digital Signal Processor) optimizes the performance by providing five pre-set modes: cinema, game, dialogue/voice, rock party, and pop / live. For online gaming sessions, you can also take advantage of the integrated microphone with noise cancellation made through artificial intelligence. You can select between directional sound capture (only the voice of the person sitting in front of the monitor) or omnidirectional mode.
As for connectivity, there are two HDMI 2.1 inputs compatible with Ultra HD signals at 120 Hz and HDCP 2.3, a DisplayPort 1.4 input, a USB-B upstream, four USB-A 3.0 downstream, and a headphone output. The best 4K 32 inch monitor offers a 100x100mm VESA mount, height adjustment (100mm), tilt up or down (-5˚ ~ 15˚) and rotation (15 ° / 15 °).
Price and availability
As mentioned first, the new Mobiuz EX3210U BenQ gaming monitor is now available to pre-order via Amazon.com for $1,099.99 and, shipping will start from February 15, 2022.
BenQ EX3210U specifications
- Display: 32-inch Anti-Glare IPS panel
- Resolution: 3840×2160 pixel
- Brightness: 300nits (typ.) / 600nits (peak)(HDR)
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (L/R) (CR>=10): 178/178
- Response Time: 2 ms (GtG) / 1 ms (MRPT)
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Color Gamut: 98% P3, 99% AdobeRGB
- Color Mode: Cinema HDRi ,Custom ,DisplayHDR ,ePaper ,FPS ,Game HDRi ,M-Book ,Racing game ,RPG ,sRGB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Colors: 1.07 billion colors
- Pixel Per Density: 138ppi
- Gamma: 1.8 – 2.6
- HDCP: 2.3
- Features: Eye Care, Flicker-free Technology, Low Blue Light, Brightness Intelligence Plus (B.I.+), Color Weakness, ePaper, Video Enjoyment, HDRi, Video Format Support, FPS Mode, Motion Blur Reduction, Color Vibrance, Light Tuner, FreeSync Premium Pro, Black eQualizer, HDR10, VESA DisplayHDR 600
- Audio: Built-in Speaker 2.1 Channel (2Wx2 + 5W woofer)
- Stand: Tilt (down/up) -5˚ – 15˚ / Swivel (left/right) 15˚/ 15˚ / Height Adjustment 100mm
- Connectivity: HDMI (v2.1) 2x, DisplayPort (v1.4) 1x, USB Type B (Upstream) 1x, USB 3.0 (Downstream) 4x, Headphone Jack, Microphone
- VESA Mount: 100×100 mm
- Dimensions: 487.4 – 587.4×726.7×269.9 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 9.5 kg / 20.9 lb (with stand)
Last year, Asus also introduced the HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor ROG Strix XG43UQ (REVIEW) with a 43-inch VA panel, 144 Hz refresh rate, 90% DCI-P3 color space, typical brightness up to 750 nits, peak brightness when playing HDR content is 1,000 nits – enough for the VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification.