Audient shows us two new audio interfaces and an inexpensive entry-level package. iD4 MKII and iD14 MKII improve the cheap interfaces in some places. The EVO Start Recording Bundle includes the EVO 4 audio interface, the M ikrofon SR 1, the studio headphones SR2000, and matching accessories.
The two inexpensive audio interfaces, like their predecessors, are particularly aimed at beginners. New audio interface USB converters promise improved dynamics and optimized frequency response in both MKII models. The built-in Class-A microphone amplifiers come from the high-end ASP8024 HE console. Another update concerns the connection, which is now designed as USB-C on both devices. As usual, you will find two headphone outputs on the interfaces.
Both offer a discrete JFET instrument input, otherwise, you only have to get by with one XLR/line input on the iD4 MKII, while the iD14 MKII offers two and is therefore also suitable for stereo recordings. In addition, you get a combined ADAT and S / PDIF input (TOSLINK). Another difference: iD4 MKII is equipped with two-line outputs, iD14 MKII has four line outputs.
Both audio interfaces are compatible with macOS, Windows, and iOS. A comprehensive software package is also included.
Price and availability
- High-speed USB-C
- 24 bit / 44.1 – 96 kHz
- ADC dynamic range: 121 dB
- DAC dynamic range: 126 dB
- Class-A Audient console microphone preamplifier
- Mic gain 58 dB, <0.002% THD + N
- discrete JFET instrument input on the front
- DI Gain: -5 to 45 dB (incl. +10 dB software boost)
- Main speaker output (6.3 mm jack)
- Speaker mute button
- Monitor mix and monitor panning function
- High-performance AD / DA converter
- Headphone amplifier with independent DAC
- 2 headphone outputs (1x 6.3 mm jack, 1x 3.5 mm jack)
- iD Control regulator with ScrollControl for DAW integration
- Desktop housing made entirely of metal
- 48-volt phantom power
- Power supply via USB
At the same time, the manufacturer is introducing the EVO Start Recording Bundle. Audient wants to appeal to podcasters, streamers, gamers, and other content producers who are looking for an affordable complete solution. The bundle includes an EVO 4 audio interface, the large-diaphragm condenser microphone SR1, the studio headphones SR2000 as well as a suitable microphone spider, and an XLR connection cable.
The bundle is also available on Amazon.com at a cost of $249.99. That sounds like a good offer.