Atomos launches Ninja V Pro Kit for RAW from SDI with Ninja V, this new Pro Kit enables a new feature in the Ninja V and includes many bundled accessories, plus those who buy now will receive a free Atomos Connect in the box.
The new feature includes RAW recording from several cameras from Canon, Panasonic, and Sony:
- Canon C500 MKI and C300 MKII offer both DCI and UHD 4K up to 30fps
- Sony Cinema FX9 series with XDCA-FX9 and directly from the SDI of the DCI 4K 60fps and 2K at 180fps. Sony FX6 via 16-bit linear RAW output up to DCI 4K 60fps
- Panasonic Varicam LT up to 12bit dual-link RAW 4K at 60fps and 6G from Panasonic EVA-1 on 5.7k 30fps with a high frame rate up to 2K at 240fps.
The addition of dual 12G-SDI connectivity to the Ninja V also expands compatibility with other cameras to provide external 10-bit 422 recording in ready-to-edit codecs or as proxy files from RED or ARRI cameras, allowing for naming transfer file and timecode from camera via SDI to File recording
Of course, Ninja V HDMI screen also continues to provide support for RAW from HDMI from Atomos’ ever-growing list of mirrorless cameras, including Sony Alpha 7S III, Z CAM E-2 Series, Nikon Z-Series, Lumix S Series, Olympus OM -D EM-1X, Olympus OM-D M1 MkIII and more. Flexibility to suit every application in playback mode, Ninja V video monitor provides lossless signal distribution with 2 x 12G-SDI and 1 x HDMI 2.0 for simultaneous outputs up to 4K 60fps.
To complement the inputs, HDMI or SDI connections can be cross-converted, DCI cropped, and 4K to HD converts for video signals to provide a bridge between equipment such as EVF, wireless TX/RX without the need for additional converters. The Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit includes three ways to power the Ninja V HDMI display: In the studio, you can use the included DC power supply with a lockable jack and international power sockets. Onset via the included DTAP cable for connecting to the battery of your choice with a D-Tap output, meaning the camera can operate from a single power source. On the go with a compact rig, you also have the option to run the Ninja directly from an optional NPF battery or any 4-cell NPF.
With the Ninja V Pro Kit launch promotion, users will receive a FREE Atomos Connect in the box.
Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit Features:
- Record up to 6K RAW via HDMI and up to 12-bit SDI in Apple ProRes RAW
- Video inputs up to 4K 60fps via HDMI or 12G-SDI supported by Apple ProRes or Avid DNx
- SDI configurable for Single or Dual-link inputs or alternating between SDI A and B
- Play-Out provides 3 simultaneous outputs via 2x 12G-SDI out and 1x HDMI in 10-bit up to 4K 60fps
- Cross-Conversion of HDMI <=> SDI signal with RAW to Video output option
- The lens hood offers better image control even in ambient light
- 5-inch HDR display, 1000 nits
- AtomHDR for Log and Luts3D loading
Price and availability
Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit has been priced at $949 and is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website.