At Computex 2017 in May Asus first unveiled the ZenPad Z8S tablet, and now the company released the device for sale. The tablet received an all-metal case of a dark gray color and a 7.9-inch IPS display. Inside the tablet, the manufacturer has placed an octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. Asus ZenPad Z8S runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with the proprietary ZenUI interface.
On the front panel there is a physical “Home” button and two touch keys for navigation. On the right side of the tablet there are volume and power buttons, and on the left side you can find a slot for memory cards. The tablet packs a 4680mAh non-removable battery that is claimed to provide up to 12 hours of usage time and up to 300 hours of standby time.
Asus ZenPad Z8S Specifications
- Dimensions of 205.4 x 136.4 x 7.6 mm
- Weight of 320g
- IPS LCD Display of 7.9 inches
- Resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Rear Camera of 13 mega pixels with LED flash
- Front Camera of 5 mega pixels
- Android 7.0 Nougat with ZenUI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 Octa-core Processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB / 64GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Connectivity of 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 4680mAh
At the moment the tablet is sold exclusively via Verizon and has been priced at $249.99 / $10.41 per month for 24 month contract as well.