Asus ZenFone 4 Pro has begun to receive the official Android 8.0 Oreo update, a version that goes to modify and improve various aspects of the operating system.
Specifically, Asus has released the firmware version 15.0410.1802.34 for the model ZS551KL that will arrive over the next few days via FOTA on all compatible devices. Among the main news, we find the possibility to make a screenshot of the complete page, a better optimization of power consumption and the implementation of the swipe up to open the drawer.
Asus ZenFone 4 Pro Android Oreo Changelog:
- Software update to Android 8.0 Oreo. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to backup data before starting the software update.
- Swipe up to All apps: After OS upgrade, launcher has some important changes- swipe up to all apps, all app icon could be changed.
- Power consumption improvement.
- Long screenshot: screenshot adds “Long screenshot” function.
- Substitute Cast function for PlayTo function
Asus ZenFone 4 Pro is available online from Amazon at $599, the main highlights of the device are a dual rear camera setup with a 12-megapixel Sony IMX362 1/2.55″ sensor, Dual Pixel, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis OIS and another 16-megapixel Sony IMX351 sensor with 2x optical zoom and dual-tone LED Flash. There is also an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX319 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 87.4° field of view.
It sports a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with full-HD (1080×1920 pixels), 100% NTSC color gamut, and 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC paired with Adreno 540 GPU clocked at up to 2.0GHz coupled with 6GB of RAM. It packs a 64GB of built-in storage, which is expandable via microSD card up to 2TB with a dedicated slot. The handset packs a 3600mAh battery capacity with fast charging.