With the ZenBook Pro 15 UX535, Asus has updated its professional ultrabook to Intel processors of the 10th generation, so customers get Comet Lake-H instead of Tiger Lake-U – probably a consequence of the limited number of cores, the latest from Intel Offer chips. The exciting ScreenPad is retained.
Asus recently presented a large number of notebooks such as ZenBook Flip 13 UX363EA, ZenBook S UX393, Asus L410, most of which rely on Intel Tiger Lake-U, but the latest model of the Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX535 will still be equipped with Comet Lake-H. This is of course due to the fact that Intel’s latest Ultrabook APUs are only available with a TDP of 15 watts, so the older chips should continue to offer a slightly higher processor performance.
Specifically, customers receive either an Intel Core i5-10300H or an Intel Core i7-10750H; the top model uses six cores at clock frequencies of up to 5.0 GHz. The biggest disadvantage of the older chips is the lame Intel UHD Graphics 630, which is why Asus packs a dedicated graphics chip into the Asus ZenBook 15, up to and including the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4 GB of GDDR6 graphics memory.
The ultrabook is equipped with a 15.6-inch display in 16:9 format, as usual, Asus offers the customer a large selection of panels, right up to a 4K OLED touchscreen. The edges are 4 millimeters thin, which means that a screen-to-body ratio of 88 percent can be achieved. The RAM in the ZenBook Pro is also limited to 16 GB DDR4-2933, the PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 SSD holds up to 1 TB.
A 96 Wh battery fits into the 1.8 kilograms and 17.8-millimeters thick case. The renunciation of Tiger Lake, however, demands a sacrifice in terms of connections: Instead of Thunderbolt 4, the notebook only uses a single Thunderbolt 3 connection (USB-C), after all, there is also a USB-A port, an HDMI connection, and an SD card reader included. One of the feature highlights is the Asus ScreenPad – this is a 5.65-inch touchscreen that replaces the regular trackpad.
Price and availability
Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX535 is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com at a retail price of $1,299 and shipping is expected to January 4, 2021.
Asus ZenBook Pro 15 UX535 Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-10750H processor 2.6 GHz quad-core with Turbo Boost (up to 5.00 GHz) and 12 MB cache
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design, with 4 GB GDDR6
- Display: 15.6” (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) 60 Hz touchscreen with 72% NTSC gamut and wide 178° viewing angles, 4 mm-thin side bezel
- Memory: 16 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
- Storage: 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ 3.0 x4 M.2 SSD
- Interfaces: 1 x Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x Standard HDMI, 1 x Standard SD card reader, 1 x Audio combo jack, 1 x DC-in
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit, with 1.35 mm key travel
- Touchpad: Glass-covered; intelligent palm-rejection, Precision Touchpad (PTP) technology supports up to four-finger smart gestures
- Audio: ASUS SonicMaster stereo audio system with surround-sound; smart amplifier for maximum audio performance, Array microphone with Cortana voice-recognition support
- Camera: IR webcam with Windows Hello support
- Wireless Connectivity: Intel® WiFi 6 with Gig+ performance (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 96 Wh 6-cell Li-ion battery / 64 Wh 4-cell Li-polymer battery
- Dimensions: 1.78 x 35.4 x 23.3 cm
- Weight: 1.8 kg (3.96 pounds)