Asus has introduced the new RT-AX82U AX5400 Mesh Router WiFi 6 (model number RT-AX82U) that conforms to the IEEE 802.11ax or Wi-Fi6 specification. The Asus WiFi 6 device is priced at $229 by the manufacturer. For this amount, the buyer receives a router that enables high-speed wireless communication in smart connected homes.
The Wi Fi 6 router supports operation in two frequency bands (2.4 and 5 GHz), providing 90% and 176% increase in throughput compared to previous generation routers, respectively. It has 4 antennas and supports MU-MIMO and 160 MHz channels. The wire part of the router is equipped with five Gigabit Ethernet (WAN + 4 LAN) ports and one USB Type-A port.
You can configure and manage your router using the free Asus Mobile App, available for Android and iOS. This gaming router has four external antennas and wireless coverage can be extended by adding ASUS AiMesh-compatible routers to the network. Additionally, the RT-AX82U supports ASUS Aura RGB lighting that can be customized with a variety of dazzling effects.
Asus WiFi 6 RT-AX82U AX5400 Specs
- Wireless Frequency Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz Dual-Band
- Number of Antennas: 4
- MU-MIMO Support: 6 x 6
- WLAN Mode: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Supported Protocols: DMZ, DoS, IGMP Snooping, IPv4, IPv6
- Ports: 4 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) (Console), 1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) (Uplink),
- 1 x 5 Gb/s USB Type-A
- Throughput: 5400 Mb/s Total
- Guest Network Support: Yes
- Wireless Security: WPA, WPA2, WPA3, WPS
- VPN Support: IPSec, L2TP, PPTP, Pass-Through
- Firewall Support: SPI
- RAM: 512 MB
- Storage Capacity: 256 MB
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Tri-Core
- Supported IEEE Standards: 802.11ac, 802.11ax, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Dimensions: 275 x 184.4 x 165 mm
Price and availability
Back in July this year, Asus has also introduced the RT-AX89X gigabit router is said to offer particularly high performance and has an extravagant design. The transmission is to be managed by a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, which has a gigabyte memory.