Asus has carried out a major update to its branded line of thin and light laptop models. In addition to the ZenBook and ZenBook Pro series, the upgrade has also affected the VivoBook lineup – the new lightest laptop is the Asus VivoBook 15 K513 (2021) with OLED display, 11th generation Intel processors, and Intel® iris xe graphics.
The VivoBook 15 (K513) has a metal cover that comes in three colors, and in the maximum configuration, this thin laptop received the 11th generation Intel Core processor up to the older i7, 16 GB of RAM, a WiFi 6 module, and a capacious SSD. It comes with a solid-state drive and a traditional hard drive storage system.
It has a base clock speed of 1.2Ghz and supports a max turbo boost of 4.7Ghz. For graphics, it uses integrated Intel Iris X Graphics. There are other models in the VivoBook 15 OLED K513 (11th gen intel) Series powered by 11th Gen Core i5-1135G7 and Core i3-1115G4 processors as well.
Asus Asus VivoBook 15 K513 (2021) features a 15.6 inch OLED Full HD screen and has an 85% screen-to-body ratio. It comes with 12GB of ram and has 512GB of SSD storage. Of the 12GB, 8GB RAM is on board and the 4GB is DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM. This light laptop supports WiFi 6 networks and has Bluetooth 5.0 to connect accessories. Asus has powered this model with a 3-cell 42Whr battery.
Price and availability
Asus VivoBook 15 K513 (2021) Specifications
- Processor: 11th gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core processor
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe GPU
- Display: 15.6 inch Full HD OLED screen ( DCI-P3: 100% color gamut / Glossy / 85 ％ screen to body ratio )
- Memory: 12GB ram ( 8GB onboard + 4GB SO-DIMM )
- Storage: 512GB SSD ( M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD )
- OS: Windows 10 Home ( Windows 11 upgradable )
- Keyboard: Backlit Chiclet Keyboard with Num-key
- Webcam: 720p HD camera
- Audio and Sound: Audio by ICEpower, harman/kardon, Built-in mic, Built-in speakers.
- Wireless and Networking: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) + Bluetooth 5.0
- USB ports: 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A
- Other ports: HDMI 1.4, 3.5m combo jack, Micro SD card reader
- Battery: 42WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion
- Power supply: 65W AC Adapter
- Weight: 1.80 kg
Recently, Asus has also released the ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme E-ATX gaming motherboard based on the AMD X570 chipset. The board is designed to build high-performance gaming PCs with AMD AM4 socket, including AMD Ryzen 5000 series models.