Asus has expanded its range of curved gaming monitors with the TUF Gaming VG34VQEL1A. This 34 inch curved monitor is based on a VA panel and has a resolution of UWQHD (3440 × 1440 pixels) and an aspect ratio of 21:9.
The Asus TUF monitor has a concave shape with a curvature radius of 1500R: this design enhances the effect of immersion in virtual space. Adaptive-Sync features help improve the smoothness of your gaming experience.
The refresh rate reaches 100 Hz, and the MPRT response time is 1 ms (4 ms GtG). Asus TUF gaming monitor has a brightness of 300 cd/m2, a contrast ratio of 3000:1, and a dynamic contrast ratio of 100,000,000:1. Asus VG34VQEL1A also supports HDR10 and viewing angles – up to 178 degrees horizontally and vertically.
Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology is responsible for reducing motion blur. The ASUS GamePlus complex includes five tools for e-sports players: a stopwatch, a crosshair, a timer, a frame counter, and image alignment tools in multi-display configurations. Flicker-Free and Low Blue Light systems reduce eye fatigue during long gaming sessions.
The Asus curved screen monitor also comes with 2W stereo speakers, a DisplayPort 1.2 interface, two HDMI 2.0 connectors, a USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A hub, and an audio jack. The stand allows you to adjust the tilt and swivel angles of the screen, as well as the height.
Price and availability
Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQEL1A 34 inch curved gaming monitor is now listed on Amazon.co.uk at £399.
Updated on December 15, 2022: Asus VG34VQEL1A curved gaming monitor is now also listed on the Bhphotovideo.com store for $349.
Updated on February 10, 2023: Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQEL1A 34-inch curved gaming monitor can be purchased via the Amazon.com online store for $349.
Asus VG34VQEL1A specifications
- Display: 34-inch VA panel, Non-Glare
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Display Viewing Area (H x V): 797.22×333.72mm
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Curvature: 1500R
- Pixel Pitch: 0.231mm
- Resolution: 3440×1440
- Brightness (Typ.): 300cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Typ.): 3000:1
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR): 100000000:1
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Response Time: 1ms (MPRT)
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz
- Features: HDR10, Flicker-free, Trace Free Technology, GameVisual, Color Temp. Selection (4 modes), GamePlus, PIP / PBP, HDCP 2.2, Extreme Low Motion Blur, FreeSync, GameFast Input, Shadow Boost, DisplayWidget, DisplayWidget Lite, Low Blue Light, Kensington Lock
- Audio: 2W x 2 speakers
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.2 x 1, HDMI(v2.0) x 2, USB Hub : 3x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, Earphone Jack
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+10° ~ -10°), Height Adj. (0~130mm), 1/4″ Tripod Socket
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 807.8 x (540.6~410.6) x 248.5mm (with stand)
- Weight: 8.07Kg
Along with this 34 inch curved monitor, Asus has also made available the ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN 27-inch gaming monitor with a speedy IPS panel, a QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, NVIDIA Reflex Analyzer, and it costs $1,049.99 / £1,099.