Asus continues to expand its range of monitors for gaming desktop stations: and the next product is the TUF Gaming VG289Q1A 4K PC Monitor with HDR, built using a high-quality 28-inch IPS panel.
The 4K PC monitor complies with the 4K format, a resolution is 3840 × 2160 pixels. Brightness is 350 cd / m 2, contrast ratio is 1000:1 and dynamic contrast ratio is 100 million: 1. Horizontal and vertical viewing angles are up to 178 degrees.
The 60 Hz monitor claims 90 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space. Adaptive-Sync technology, working with NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon accelerators, helps to improve the quality of gameplay by eliminating screen tearing and improving smoothness.
The 60 hertz panel has a 5ms GTG response time and 60Hz refresh rate. Flicker-Free technology helps eliminate flicker, and the Low Blue Light system helps reduce the intensity of blue backlighting.
Game lovers have at their disposal a set of ASUS GamePlus tools, which includes a crosshair, a timer, a frame counter, etc. There are stereo speakers (2 × 2 W), a DisplayPort 1.2 interface, and two HDMI 2.0 connectors.
Price and availability
Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q1A 4K HDR monitor is finally available to buy on the Amazon.com website for $309.75 only.
Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q1A Specifications
- Display: 28-inch 16:9 Non-glare IPS panel
- Color Saturation: 90% DCI-P3
- True Resolution: 3840×2160
- Brightness(Max): 350 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 5ms (Gray to Gray)
- Display Colors: 1073.7M (10bit)
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Features: Flicker free, HDR10, GamePlus modes (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment), Low Blue Light, HDCP, FreeSync, GameFast Input technology, Multiple HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, Kensington lock
- Audio: 2W x 2 Stereo Speakers RMS
- I/O Ports: HDMI(v2.0) x2, DisplayPort 1.2, 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- Mechanical Design: Tilt: -5°~+20°, Swivel: +15°~-15°,
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 639.5 x 460.5 x 213.8mm with Stand
- Weight: 5.7 kg with Stand
Recently, Asus has also released a new game monitor: TUF Gaming VG259QR that is particularly characterized by its 165Hz panel with full HD resolution, a 24.5-inch screen with ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology that enables a 1ms response time (MPRT), eliminating ghosting for sharp gaming visuals, and priced at $249 only.