At the beginning of September 2021, a new Asus gaming monitor was unveiled named Asus TUF Gaming VG30VQL1A. The information about its availability was unknown at the time, but now the new Asus TUF 200Hz monitor is listed on Amazon UK, which provides pricing details on the Asus curved monitor. Therefore, we want to take a closer look at the model this time.
The Asus VG30VQL1A 200Hz monitor has a VA panel with UWFHD resolution (2560 x 1080 pixels, 21:9), achieves a refresh rate of up to 200 Hz, and covers 127 percent of the sRGB color space. Other features include a 3000:1 contrast, 300 cd/m² typical brightness, 8-bit color depth, HDR10 support, and 1500 R curvature. As far as the response time is concerned, there is only talk of 1 ms MPRT (“Moving Picture Response Time”), which primarily refers to the existing mode against moving-picture blur and says nothing about the gray change.
Can Anti-Tearing Technology FreeSync Premium be combined with the above ELMB mode? It is still not completely clear. On the Amazon and Asus UK product page, it says: “ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ™) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-sync […]” However, ELMB-Sync is nowhere explicitly mentioned – neither in the text nor as a logo. We will follow up on this with the manufacturer and let you know as soon as we know more.
The Asus TUF Gaming monitor includes two integrated 2-watt speakers and picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes that can be switched on via the OSD. On the connection side, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.2, a USB 3.0 hub, and a headphone output.
The Asus monitor can be rotated, tilted, adjusted in height, or mounted on a wall or a swivel arm using a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm). Thanks to the blue light filter and flicker-free background lighting, sessions that are easy on the eyes should be guaranteed. The power consumption of the device is less than 28 watts. The Asus VG30VQL1A weighs 4.8 kg without the stand and measures 703 x 322 x 52 mm (W x H x D).
Price and availability
Asus VG30VQL1A specifications
- Display: 29.5-inch Non-Glare VA panel
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Display Viewing Area (H x V): 690.432 X 291.276mm
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Curvature: 1500R
- Pixel Pitch: 0.270mm
- Resolution: 2560 x 1080
- Color Space (sRGB): 127%
- Brightness (Typ.): 300cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Typ.): 3000:1
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR): 100000000:1
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Refresh Rate (Max): 200Hz
- Features: HDR10+, Flicker-free, Trace Free Technology, GameVisual, Color Temp. Selection (4 modes), GamePlus, PIP / PBP Technology, HDCP 2.2, Extreme Low Motion Blur, FreeSync Premium, Display Widget, Low Blue Light, Kensington Lock
- Audio: 2W x2 Speakers
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.2 x 1, HDMI(v2.0) x 2, USB Hub (2 ports USB 3.0), Earphone Jack
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+25° ~ -25°), Height Adjustment (0~130mm)
- VESA Mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 703 x 516 x 215mm (with stand)
- Weight: 7Kg (with stand)
Recently, Asus has also made available a new 24 inch ELMB sync monitor (23.8-inch) named ROG Strix XG249CM for gamers. Asus 24 inch monitor has an IPS panel with full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), up to 270 Hz refresh rate promises, and is priced at £441.86.