Asus has unveiled the TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A 1440p gaming monitor. It uses a 27-inch IPS panel with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. The response time is 1 ms, the maximum brightness is 400 cd/m², and the 178° viewing angles.
The gaming PC monitor supports AMD FreeSync Premium adaptive sync technology. Compatibility with Nvidia G-Sync is also stated, but its support in a specific configuration depends on Nvidia drivers. The maximum refresh rate is 170 Hz.
The Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A description also mentions DisplayHDR 400 certification to provide smoother and finer contrast between the brightest and darkest areas of the screen. It also delivers an impressive 125% coverage of the sRGB color space and DCI-P3 coverage is 95%. As with other Asus monitors for gaming, the new best 1440p monitor contains such proprietary features as GamePlus, GameVisual, Shadow Boost, ELMB and GameFast.
The 1440p gaming monitor is equipped with a DisplayPort 1.2a input, two HDMI 2.0 inputs, 2W stereo speakers and a headphone jack.
Price and availability
- Display: 27.0-inch 16:9 IPS panel
- Color Saturation : 130% sRGB / DCI-P3 95%
- True Resolution : 2560×1440
- Display Viewing Area(HxV) : 596.74 x 335.66 mm
- Display Surface : Non-glare
- Pixel Pitch : 0.2331 mm
- Brightness(Max) : 400 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Max) : 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time : 1ms
- Display Colors : 1.07 Billion
- Refresh Rate(max) : 170Hz
- Features: Flicker free, HDR (HDR-10), Trace Free Technology, GamePlus modes, Low Blue Light, HDCP support, GameVisual modes, Adaptive-Sync, GameFast Input technology, Multiple HDR Mode, ELMB SYNC, Dynamic shadow boost, Kensington lock
- Audio: 2W x 2 Stereo Speakers RMS
- I/O Ports: HDMI(v2.0) x2, DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0×2
- Design: Tilt : +20°~-5°/ Swivel : +20°~-20°/ Pivot : +90°~-90°/ Height Adjustment : 0~130 mm
- Dimensions: 615x (405~535) x215mm (with Stand)
- Weight: 6.6 kg
Last month, Asus has also introduced the 27-inch TUF Gaming VG27VQ gaming screen monitor supports the refresh rate to 165 Hz, response time is 1 ms, max brightness is 400 cd/m2, the contrast ratio is stated to 3000 1, and the viewing angles are 178°.