Updated on 23rd, March 2021:
This new ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QR Gaming Monitor is now also available to buy on the Amazon.com website.
With the TUF Gaming VG259QR, Asus has released a new game monitor that is particularly characterized by its 165Hz panel with full HD resolution.
If you are looking for a new monitor for gaming with a high refresh rate, you might like the following news: a new game monitor named Asus TUF Gaming VG259QR went online today at the B&H store. It has a refresh rate of 165 hz, Full HD as the resolution, and 1ms response time.
Furthermore, the 24.5-inch pc gaming monitor has ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology that enables a 1ms response time (MPRT), eliminating ghosting for sharp gaming visuals.
In addition, the Asus device comes with support for both Nvidia G-Sync and Adaptive-Sync, which is very useful with such a refresh rate to avoid screen tearing. The manufacturer specifies the contrast as 1000: 1, and 300 cd/㎡ brightness is covered.
The gaming pc monitor is connected via HDMI v1.4 or via DisplayPort 1.2.
Price and availability
In terms of price, the Asus TUF Gaming VG259QR is available to pre-order on Bhphotovideo.com for $249.
Asus TUF Gaming VG259QR Specifications
- Display: 24.5-inch 16:9 IPS Non-glare screen
- Color Saturation: 72% NTSC
- True Resolution: 1920×1080
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2832 x 0.2802mm
- Brightness(Max): 300 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 1000:1
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR): 100000000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 1ms
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Refresh Rate(max): 165Hz
- Features: Flicker free, 3 Mode Skin-Tone Selection, 4 Mode Color Temperature Selection, GamePlus (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment), Low Blue Light, HDCP, GameVisual Modes (Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes/MOBA Mode), G-Sync, Adaptive-Sync, Extreme Low Motion Blur, GameFast Input technology, Shadow Boost, Kensington lock
- Audio: 2W x 2 Stereo RMS
- I/O Ports: HDMI(v1.4) x2, DisplayPort 1.2, 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- Mechanical Design: Tilt – +33°~-5° / Swivel – +90°~-90° / Pivot – +90°~-90° /
- Height Adjustment: 0~130 mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 563 x 487 x 211 mm (with Stand)
- Weight: 5.1 Kg (with Stand)
Last month, ASUS has also introduced the TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B gaming-grade monitor with a 34-inch VA panel, which corresponds to the WQHD resolution is 3440 × 1440 pixels with an aspect ratio of 21:9 and priced at $499.99, almost double as the above monitor.